Where to buy Crab grass seed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I have an Oak tree in the yard and planted fescue under it and I must water it all the time or it does actually die. It will not reseed either.
My bermuda will not grow well under the tree. I have the tree trimmed 10 foot off the ground and it gets 1/2 a day of sunlight on the ground.
Not one to water the yard much I decided since I have crab grass in the yard that is in different parts of the yard and grows quite well under the tree.
In fact very little water and it looks better than all the other grass.

Now there used to be lawns in different parts of the US that were all crab grass and they filled in nice and looked excellent.
Chemical companies are getting rich making the public think crabgrass is bad.

If it wants to grow in my yard and look good well get after it and I thought I bet you can buy seeds for it.
I have spend a few hundred on fescue and rye and bermuda seeds and they just do not do well with that Oak and minimal watering.

Another thing I wanted to do was rake a 150 yard strip of dirt with the buddies tractor where he hunts
and plant some there.
We planted forage peas and other things and it was just so so.
Just raking the soil and making dirt roads instead of crunchy grass seemed to get the deer and other critters walking in that.

His handicapped Vietnam veteran father can get off a good shot that way.
Yea I know it may not be the best time to plant.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could try using a native sedge. Sedge Lawns: A Sustainable, Low-Maintenance Alternative to Grass - Brooklyn Botanic Garden

8DC44B51-324C-44CD-A369-62DE38375516.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom