Where to buy SVT-40

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finnished

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy y'all, as much as I love gunbroker 🙄 that seems to be the only place to get ahold of the seemingly elusive SVT. Anyone know anywhere else that sells them? Seems that Armslist and Guns America both are devoid of listings.

I guess if GB is the only option I'll pay the premium but I find it hard to believe. Thanks,

Logan

Swingwing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sign up for Dennis Kroh's, owner of Empire Arms, New Stuff list. He puts out yhis email list nearly every month, sometimes more often. He also maintains a wish list. Do you have a C&R FFL? Send him a copy of your FFL or one from your favorite dealer.

https://www.empirearms.com/
List of his previous New Stuff offerings: https://www.empirearms.com/newstuff.htm

Last edited:

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep an eye on gunboards.com. Sign up to be a member there and the surplusrifleforum. Go to gunshows and keep an eye out. Several years ago I saw a guy get a finn capture SVT-40 for $300. He was running out like he stole it, and he almost did!

Finnished

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate the recommendations, two options I hadn't considered. I don't have my C&R since I tend to buy these things once a year when I have the right amount saved up. Definitely something to consider for the future, however.

That's quite a steal on an SVT. Admittedly I'm not even looking to steal it, just a reasonable price would be fine. But right now on GB they're trending 2.5K+ for a good example and what looks like will be 2K for one with rust and a pitted barrel 🤨

Maybe I'm weird, but I like to have my C&R in workable order and know I did my part to keep it that way

Latest posts

Top Bottom