Where to catch carp!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use to go carp fishing with my Grand Dad every summer below the spillway at Grand Lake but, since that place is now a stupid golf course, I need a new place to go...

Do any of you guys know of a good carp fishing spot here in NE OK?

I make my own dough bait and catch and release what I catch....

DAVID

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just about any creek in Oklahoma. Use Wheaties mixed into a ball with strawberry pop. We used to have a ball with this setup when I was a kid.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think I would do any catch and realease on carp. They need to die.
My grand pa would take me with some Wheaties Cereal, mixed with vanilla, while fishing below the discharge of the sewer plant into the Arkansas River.

Due to current regs from the Gov,the water currently discharged into the river is of higher quality than what one gets from the tap, so Ponca is really cleaning up the river.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For what its worth...last time I was at Grand lake/Disney wheeling. You could get right up to the dam by the golf course...and even the water if I recall correctly?

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't use any bait on Charp. I go on the Oklahoma River and they are on the banks eating whatever they eat, sucking away. I use a landing net and just scoop them out or use a bow. Im not going to waste my time with charp.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pulled this guy out of arcadia a couple weeks back. up in the shallow parts of the coves they're as thick as flies.
adproberts.files.wordpress.com_2011_04_20110428_112734.jpg_370d2d90c66142bd662c1ad8e6af5165.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom