Where to catch carp!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pulled this guy out of arcadia a couple weeks back. up in the shallow parts of the coves they're as thick as flies.
adproberts.files.wordpress.com_2011_04_20110428_112734.jpg_370d2d90c66142bd662c1ad8e6af5165.jpg

That's a nice fish! I'm hoping to be able to catch one like that on my fly rod....

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buddy takes me to the creek below his place and we land 10-20 pounders regularly. His biggest is upwards of 50+. Its a blast on light tackle. We use the soft center part from bread and a bobber about 6-18" above. Even catch some catfish at the same time.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bullbuster,

that's exactly the kind of fishing I'm talking about...

Do you let the bread float or do you weight it down a little bit?

Most people around here won't allow fishing on their property any more. I use to fish all the creeks around here 40 years ago but, after moving away for a few years and then moving back, everything has changed....

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't use any bait on Charp. I go on the Oklahoma River and they are on the banks eating whatever they eat, sucking away. I use a landing net and just scoop them out or use a bow. Im not going to waste my time with charp.

Might want to rethink doing that on the OK River.

"A City fishing permit and State fishing license are required to fish the Oklahoma River. For safety, anglers must stay at least 100 feet from dams and locks and fishing is by rod and reel only."

http://www.okc.gov/maps/river/index.html

I have a blast bowfishing for those nasty things at other places.

Latest posts

Top Bottom