Where to shoot around OKC that's not static????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, new member and new to OKC area. We moved from the Ardmore area and I had places to shoot including behind my place. Now I'm up here and other than Wilshire, H&H ( where my boy and I were flagged with a loaded and jammed weapon and I might have had a comeapart, looked like the guy was probably limp wristing and had a stovepipe) I don't know where to shoot. I reached out to Range 66 but they said they were full up. I am retired LEO, SWAT trained and less lethal instructor. I say that to show that I'm not a novice when it comes to hot ranges. Does anyone have any info on anywhere to shoot in a little more realistic scenario than standing at a bench and shooting at paper?

Thanks in advance
Guy based at Wilshire named Will Andrews, his courses are under Oklahoma shooting skills,
He does pistol at Wilshire, then scattergun and carbine work at a range in Shawnee called Meadhall. More dynamic style stuff. Meadhall also brings in some phenomenal instructors that do a lot of dynamic situational type work.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UUUMMMM I really enjoy the FREE ODWC ranges all you need is a hunting license.
I an at most 12 miles from 3 ranges and I do not choose any of them I go to Lexington WMA shooting range.

I do not have any issues there.
Could be because I am not shy and I speak up to anyone there and make sure they know hot vs cold range.
Always have good times there.
3 different ranges 2 rifle and 1 pistol all outdoors.

Get there early at sunrise and you usually have a range to yourself until 10 am.

Latest posts

Top Bottom