Where would you go

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was looking through the hunting regs and got to pondering on a question. If you had the opportunity to buy a large enough hunting property anywhere in the state where would you go? In the panhandle you have deer, better upland birds, antelope. But go southwest and can swap antelope for elk. Where would you go.

OkieShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just looking at quotas and opportunities Woodward county looks nice. But did enjoy baiting and hunting bears here in the se part of the state. Are a few quail showing back up this year. Why I was looking at the regs. Been so long since even saw a quail couldn't remember when the dates were could hunt them. Mainly just pondering on opportunity for different game. And best quotas.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It appears quail might be on the rebound. As far as land goes I would have to buy 2 parcels one around Wichita Mountains. Then another in nw or se that is if money is not a issue. Land seems to be a little cheaper far sw and there is some good deer hunting there

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Overall, I think most people are happy where they are at. I don't care for dense woods hunting. I'll do it happily, but prefer the open plains hunting of the NW.

OkieShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I love hunting in the mountains here in se Oklahoma. Isn't like anything else in this state. But with a hypothetical go anywhere idea I don't know if I'd stay here or go where is more open and state gives a few more opportunities

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll stick with what I have for the most part. I'm fine with the wide open.........roads every mile suck though.

I used to hunt with my brother in law at his uncles place up in Wakita, we lost it when the mans daughter married again, the new husband took it over. That place was fairly open but had patches of Osage orange and other trees, had a creek through the middle of it, tons of deer and pheasant, all the land around it was wheat fields and open pasture for miles. I never could get used to those roads every mile in every direction, people definitely knew whether you were there or not, and you could see a box blind on every section or half section. Beautiful country..but I always felt like I was exposed, and those slow driving road hunters.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom