Which Buckmark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok... I've been looking for a Buckmark 22LR for a couple months in the classifieds here.. I even posted in the WTB forum. They hardly EVER come up.. gee, i wonder why? :-)

THere was one recently, but it was a long barrel and $400.

I'm interested in getting one for plinking and for my daughter to range shoot too. I might eventually do steel challenge with it. I would like to only spend $300 or less, but I want a good shooter.

There seem to be a lot of models. Which one should I get? TIA

B

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They don't come up often due to customer satisfaction with them. I've had 3 and only sold one because I got bored with it.

I like the URX and UDX models, both for the grip contours and the improved slide profile (easier slide manipulation). The Challenge also has the improved slide.

My top choice would be the Buckmark Plus Stainless Black Laminated UDX.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=006B&cat_id=051&type_id=427

If you're on a budget the Practical URX would give you the best features for the buck.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=006B&cat_id=051&type_id=448

The least expensive would be the Micro Bull and the Camper, which would serve your basic needs well on a tight budget. You should be able to find these for under $300 new. I'd check Sportsworld, as they used to have really good prices on Browning stuff.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=006B&cat_id=051&type_id=431

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=006B&cat_id=051&type_id=379

Hope this helps!

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i though i saw one at Academy for under $300. don't know which model.

I have a S&W 22A that I like a lot. very accurate. OEM sights are not very good, pretty basic, and I am looking on options to replace them. But for plinking --a good gun. I got mine for a great price on Gun Broker.

I looked at semi .22 for a while and the used are pretty much the same cost as new.

But every once in a while I saw one go for a lower price on Gun Broker including shipping and transfer.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the camper as well. In hindsight, I wish I would have purchased a model that had the slide with side wings... or whatever you want to call them. The camper slide is a bit of a pain to slingshot.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the Buckmark Whisper. Its a little over your budget but if you ever want to put a can on it it has a threaded barrel.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought mine back in about 1985 or so give or take a couple years.
It was the basic old standard buckmark.
I've never had a big desire to change much on it other than maybe a better sight or a red-dot now that my eyes don't focus so well.
I have no idea how many rounds have been through it.
But in the last year I probably put somewhere between 7 & 10 thousand.
They are ablsolutely great little guns.
So whichever you get you should be happy.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought mine last year at Outdoor America for $325 pre tax. It has the "wings" on the rear of the slide and the URX grips. Wasn't sure I wanted the URX grips but boy am I glad it does now. After a couple trips out they just feel so good. The slide "wings" were something I wanted because I knew I was going to put a scope on it. They make it easier to reach under the scope to chamber a round. Gotta tell you, I hade a ruger mkII target for years and for years hated the trigger. Just my opinion, the buckmark is way ahead of the ruger. Your making the right choice even if you have to exceed your price target by $25 - $50.

Latest posts

Top Bottom