Which Caliber Would You Keep?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That makes absolutely no sense at all

No, what makes no sense at all is the idea that we must consolidate to one or two calibers

Two years ago when ammo was hard to find, Walmart only had 40 or 357sig.

If they made one gun that could use any interchangable barrel, I would have it with all the barrels, because in a shtf scenerio everyonr thinks all this 9mm is going to be laying around for the taking, don't you think all the other people carring 9mm won't have already picked it up.

I say have as many guns in as many calibers as you can afford. Your options are then more limitless

1911Nut

Marksman
Reaction score
So in a SHTF scenario you are going to have time to break down the gun, change the barrel, and the make sure you have the right mag with the right ammo in it? Give me a break.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So in a SHTF scenario you are going to have time to break down the gun, change the barrel, and the make sure you have the right mag with the right ammo in it? Give me a break.

I would rather be changing barrels then waiting for someoneto share 9mm after mine is all gone. I gave you a recent scenario where ammo availability demanded you have more than one caliber, if you were going to shoot as it was the same issue with reload material. Now give me one recent scenario where having only one caliber provided you (or anyone) a leg up.

1911Nut

Marksman
Reaction score
Okay SHTF I grab say a Glock 17 and start blasting. Say the Glock messes up or whatever, I can drop the mag and slap it in say G19 or G26, or if I have say a M&P 9mm. I can unload the rounds out of the glock if need be and load the M&P mag. That is just a quick example.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This happened to you recently? I am talking about a real-world scenario that happend in recent memory where you got a leg up by only having one caliber.

Two years ago, I searched high and low for 9mm to feed all my 9mm pistols, the 5 Sigs, the 3 Taurus, the 2 Bersus. Over a 6 month window, I found one box of 50 and they wanted $30 for it. Inthe same time frame I purchased 10K rounds of 357sig and 5K of 40 and I bought all of them for less than I can buy cheap 9mm right now. I could not find 32, 38, 357, 44mag or 45. 22 and 22mag was hard to find.

This is a real world reason that happened recently, giving reason to have a gun in every caliber.

1911Nut

Marksman
Reaction score
Real word scenario? LMAO! In a REAL WORLD scenario you will be lucky to get off 3 shots or more. You sound paranoid like you are waiting for a zombie invasion, or doomsday.

I have never one time not been able to find 9mm. or .45 ammo. Plus I keep around 50 Gold Dots on hand.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Real word scenario? LMAO! In a REAL WORLD scenario you will be lucky to get off 3 shots or more. You sound paranoid like you are waiting for a zombie invasion, or doomsday.

I have never one time not been able to find 9mm. or .45 ammo. Plus I keep around 50 Gold Dots on hand.

You must have just started shooting in the last 6 months or didn't have to buy any ammo for the previous 2 years!