Which Concealed Carry Revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
depending if your preference is concealed hammer or not (exposed hammer is mine)

quite possibly the ultimate concealed carry revolver... S&W 337PD or 342PD, both with Crimson Trace.

my 337PD weights (10.5 oz)... 10.9 oz with Crimson Trace.
that's 13.2 oz loaded with +P hollow points.

both 337PD and 342PD has a titanium cylinder. So does the latest 340PD and 360PD but difference is these two are rated for .357 mag and weight 13 oz empty or what my 337PD w/CT weights loaded.

since I've zero desire to shoot .357 mag out of a superlight weight pistol. being able to shoot .357 is of little importance to me. your mileage of course may veri...

337PD slipped into an Uncle Mike's pocket holster, disapears into your front or rear pocket. it's feather weight makes an all day carry a pleasure.

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_337pd2.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_337pd3.JPG

RetCapt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer the S&W Model 642 Airweight. It is a 5-shot .38 +P shooter, has the hammer enclosed, and I added Crimson Trace.

With +P ammo, and hidden in a pocket holster in my jeans, it's readily available for defense work if needed.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
S&W 638...

All the advantages of a shrouded hammer and it can still be fired single action (my preference). Fits nicely in a pocket holster and all but disappears when in that holster in a jeans pocket.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
S&W 638...

All the advantages of a shrouded hammer and it can still be fired single action (my preference). Fits nicely in a pocket holster and all but disappears when in that holster in a jeans pocket.

Another Bodyguard lover! :clap3:

Maybe someday EVERYBODY will realize that the Smith & Wesson "Bodyguard" is the "working man's" J frame. ;)

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I normally carry a S&W model 681. It is a 4" L-frame, and except for the addition of a Tyler T-grip, it is absolutely stock.
The reason is because I can hit what I am shooting at with it.
I will also occasionally carry a Model 65 4", but that gun has had a few modifications to it, namely it has been Mag-Na-Ported, the butt has been rounded off, the single-action notch has been removed from the hammer, and a T-grip has been installed.
Again, I can hit what I am shooting at with it.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I normally carry a S&W model 681. It is a 4" L-frame, and except for the addition of a Tyler T-grip, it is absolutely stock.
The reason is because I can hit what I am shooting at with it.
I will also occasionally carry a Model 65 4", but that gun has had a few modifications to it, namely it has been Mag-Na-Ported, the butt has been rounded off, the single-action notch has been removed from the hammer, and a T-grip has been installed.
Again, I can hit what I am shooting at with it.

Ah! The L frame model 681. That was the very first Smith & Wesson revolver I ever OWNED. The first I ever FIRED was my dad's (now mine :D) Smith & Wesson PRE model 10, AKA the "Victory" model Military & Police .38 caliber revolver. The first first gun I CARRIED as a police officer was my uncle's Smith & Wesson model 13 with a 3 inch barrel. He offered to sell it to me for $200. :ooh2: But...like a dipshit...I turned him down because I wanted a 4 incher in stainless. :faint: Anyway...I bought the 681 at the Little Red Pawn Shop in Shawnee, Oklahoma in March of 1990 for $225 OTD. I took it to CLEET in the summer of that year and shot (my best score out of 6 tries) a 94% with it.

I loved that revolver. :cry3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom