Which Concealed Carry Revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah! The L frame model 681. That was the very first Smith & Wesson revolver I ever OWNED. The first I ever FIRED was my dad's (now mine :D) Smith & Wesson PRE model 10, AKA the "Victory" model Military & Police .38 caliber revolver. The first first gun I CARRIED as a police officer was my uncle's Smith & Wesson model 13 with a 3 inch barrel. He offered to sell it to me for $200. :ooh2: But...like a dipshit...I turned him down because I wanted a 4 incher in stainless. :faint: Anyway...I bought the 681 at the Little Red Pawn Shop in Shawnee, Oklahoma in March of 1990 for $225 OTD. I took it to CLEET in the summer of that year and shot (my best score out of 6 tries) a 94% with it.

I loved that revolver. :cry3:
I hear you. If I could get a good shooting 4" N-frame with fixed sights in 38 special, I'd buy it, and carry it. Right now I have a model 625 in 45 ACP that I qualified with in Kansas as a PI, and I have been known to carry that one in the winter.
I also have a model 627, the 8-shot 357 N-frame, that I'd like to carry, but I can't get any speedloaders for it except for the awkward Max-Fires. I just picked some Bianchi Speed strips and I'll practice with them on the 627.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
S&W Model 36 Chiefs Special in 38 special.

IT LOOKS SWEET!

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P5270011.jpg

Why, yes...yes it does! :sunbath:

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Up until recently, I carried a 642. It had lots of rounds through it and the groups were spreading out, so I sold it to a dealer at the last gun show. Amazingly enough, I sold it for than I paid for it two years ago. Now, I'm in the market for another hammerless j-frame. I'm leaning towards something in .357 this time. I don't want to shoot .357, but I figure it will hold together longer than a .38. I'm not sure I want to step up to the weight of stainless, though. Anybody have and suggestions?

Latest posts

Top Bottom