Which Concealed Carry Revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dongs has a S&W 340 M&P w/crimson trace in stock for a measly $920 + tax. it's got a steel cylinder, slightly heavier than titanium cylinder 340PD (13oz).

both will shoot .357, which is not my idea of staying in control when firing. +P for a featherweight revolver is plenty.

340 M&P's tritium sighting system are very impressive!
I'm planing on putting the same tritium sights on my 337PD

Up until recently, I carried a 642. It had lots of rounds through it and the groups were spreading out, so I sold it to a dealer at the last gun show. Amazingly enough, I sold it for than I paid for it two years ago. Now, I'm in the market for another hammerless j-frame. I'm leaning towards something in .357 this time. I don't want to shoot .357, but I figure it will hold together longer than a .38. I'm not sure I want to step up to the weight of stainless, though. Anybody have and suggestions?

BuddyL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smith & Wesson 442 with Crimson Trace grips.
Because, it is very light weight, Plus P rated, can be in a pocket-IWB-OWB-Galco Shoulder holster or on a string around your neck and the are all comfortabe. Just kidding about the string around you neck. One heck of a fine revolver. Crimson Trace grips because even if you laying on the ground you can see where the bullet will end up. Anyway I love mine.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Smith and Wesson model 638 because it is light and offers a shrouded hammer for single action if desired. The best of both worlds.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Smith and Wesson model 638 because it is light and offers a shrouded hammer for single action if desired. The best of both worlds.

Amen brother!

I thank you every day for talking me into that model 38 that I was kinda reluctant to try. Thanks for the push!

:thanku:

It now gets carried each and every time I am vertical. I'm in the process of looking for a new pocket holster now. The DeSantis "Nemesis" you included with it is "rounding third and headed for home" you might say.

Any suggestions? I REALLY want another Milt Sparks PCH-R...

[Broken External Image]

I had one of these "once upon a time" but it went with my model 442 when I decided to trade it off. Like I said, I'd love another one, but $80 and 6 months is kinda hard for me to deal with. :pissed:

What say you?

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amen brother!

I thank you every day for talking me into that model 38 that I was kinda reluctant to try. Thanks for the push!

:thanku:

It now gets carried each and every time I am vertical. I'm in the process of looking for a new pocket holster now. The DeSantis "Nemesis" you included with it is "rounding third and headed for home" you might say.

Any suggestions? I REALLY want another Milt Sparks PCH-R...

[Broken External Image]

I had one of these "once upon a time" but it went with my model 442 when I decided to trade it off. Like I said, I'd love another one, but $80 and 6 months is kinda hard for me to deal with. :pissed:

What say you?

Maybe you should also take a look at the Kramer stuff...
I wound up with one of their horsehide pocket holsters I got in trade with a G26 and it lloked to be made veyr well. Of course I never used it (sold it), but it might be something else for you to look at. :anyone:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe you should also take a look at the Kramer stuff...
I wound up with one of their horsehide pocket holsters I got in trade with a G26 and it lloked to be made veyr well. Of course I never used it (sold it), but it might be something else for you to look at. :anyone:

I bought a Kramer horsehide pocket holster from a guy over on GT. No likey. :rolleyes2

It's basic design (around the rear sight area) seemed to stick out like a sore thumb. It just printed a little too much for me. :disappoin

awww.kramerleather.com_images_products_n_black_lg.jpg

I just made an order from Tim Thurner of www.ttgunleather.com for an Elite DDO side snap OWB holster for my Smith & Wesson K frame model 12-2 Airweight and one of his pocket holsters for my Smith & Wesson J frame model 38 Airweight Bodyguard, which looks a LOT like Milt Sparks' PCH-R.

We'll see. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom