Which do you prefer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why should we have to pick?

It's not really that anybody has to pick just what they prefer.... I've been back and forth on what I like more but it seams I do enjoy precision shooting a little more. I've seen a friend shoot a one hole group at 100 yards with his AR and I know any of my ARs are accurate enough to get the job done. There is just something about shooting a small one hole group with a bolt gun that gets me.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have both, but like my lever actions best. I'd say that they slow me down just enough to make sure that I focus on getting a good sight picture, but in all honesty I just think they're more fun.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like bolt and AR type weapons equally. Different types for different purposes. Funny maybe, but I have never done a "mag dump". Maybe I'm too tight to dump ammo that I'm paying for.

I know I'm basically old school, but I remember as a kid my Dad would let me go quail hunting with just 10 shotgun shells and a single shot shotgun. I kinda learned to pick and choose what I used them on.

Sorry to get off topic. I really like the AR, but I must confess that I still kinda shoot it like a high capacity bolt action.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just depends on what I'm doing and the mood I'm in.

I have a M4, bolt guns, levers, pumps, single shots, muzzle loaders; guess you can say, I LIKE EM ALL.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm trying to accomplish both with a precision and firepower with a Larue AR-15 I don't have it yet. Their 308's can do some absolutely amazing things.

I would like to try bolt action though.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own every platform available and shoot my bolt guns and single shots the most. The ar's are fun ak serves a purpose but I prefer bolt guns the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom