Which Gun SHould I get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys first post on here. Im looking for a nice hand gun for target shooting and for conceal carry. What do you think I should get? I have done the conceal carry class… Then work kept me busy and I was un able to go get my license. So Im really wanting to get that done again and also get a gun. Looking to make a purchase within a week. So if you have something for sale post it here. If not any great positive feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

RyanH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Buddy has a Taurus Millennium Pro Elite… Which I hear is a gun they dont make anymore and they are hard to get. Its the Pro Elite with 4 Inch barrell, Carbon fiber lower end, .40 cal… Anyone know anything about these?

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ryan,

Your best option is to go to a gun range that rents guns and try some out. Handguns are very subjective. What works really well for some people doesn't work at all for others. I know there are quite a few ranges in the OKC area that rent guns. Don't be in a huge hurry to buy one. Take your time and try out a half dozen or so. Once you've decided which gun works best for you, get some training.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock model 19. Very popular, easy to shoot, relativity inexpensive ammo. Easy to conceal. Accessories everywhere. Check it out. Hope this helps.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ryan,

Your best option is to go to a gun range that rents guns and try some out. Handguns are very subjective. What works really well for some people doesn't work at all for others. I know there are quite a few ranges in the OKC area that rent guns. Don't be in a huge hurry to buy one. Take your time and try out a half dozen or so. Once you've decided which gun works best for you, get some training.

This is really good advice, you should shoot at least a half dozen or more guns before you decide what you are looking for.

NOT ALL GUNS ARE CREATED EQUAL.

RyanH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I understand to go check them out and see whats best for me. Im very very familiar with lots of guns. I just never owned a hand gun. Not when it comes to rifles and shotguns I have a closet full. Im just looking for some good positive feedback on a few guns so that I make sure that I try them out first… :)

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would your budget be? What features are you looking for in a handgun? Does it matter if its polymer or metal? Give some guide lines so that we can be of more help to you rather than tossing out brands and models without knowing exactly what you would prefer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom