Which Gun SHould I get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JC….

My price range is flexible.. Anywhere from$400-$600…. If its the right Gun Possibly 600-800….. I really have always Loved the 1911's…. I just think they are sweet guns. Im wanting to try to buy used…. It will be used for Target shooting and for conceal carry… Other then that my options are wide open so I was hoping that you guys could possibly help me narrow down my options.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
XD-9, cheap and reliable. Can get one for well under $500, sometimes under $400. If you like the 1911, don't get a glock, the grip angle is completely different. Yes glocks work fine, grip angle is jacked tho. Also bout any thing Ruger makes is built like a tank, though usually pretty heavy. Go to H&H or somewhere and bring $100 with you and rent some guns.

RyanH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plan on going to H&H tomorrow to look around and maybe shoot some..

Man I wish I would have been looking a week or so ago.. Nice Kimber 1911 sold for like $625.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear there's a nice highpoint on arms list for $250 that has some custom work done to it. I'd check that one out. Just messing with ya. I might be going to Sgt Everett's tomorrow around 4 if you want to go. You could try my G19 & 1911

RyanH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear there's a nice highpoint on arms list for $250 that has some custom work done to it. I'd check that one out. Just messing with ya. I might be going to Sgt Everett's tomorrow around 4 if you want to go. You could try my G19 & 1911

Im off tomorrow… I could prolly meet you there.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with the Glock 19 IMHO...I don't get hung up on caliber for a handgun so much; 9mm, 40, 45...whatever ya like. I like the G19 cause of simplicity and reliability and 9mm is so much cheaper; plus I am a damn good shot so it doesn't matter much whether I shoot the BG with a 9, 40 or 45. I still have and like my Glock 36 though for those days I think I might need a big-bore. Like when out at the farm and wild piggies are mayhaps around? I also am a humongous fan of the Kahr line of pistols..my PM9 is almost always with me. But; all that aside, I'd stay with established brands, Glock, Sig, Kahr, XD, M&P...you get my drift. I also have an awesome CZ 75 compact in two-tone I sometimes roll with, and of course, there's always a J-Frame revolver for when I want to feel all "old school". Try some different handguns out and see what fits and whatcha like...but, and this is just my opinion, I wouldn't have a Taurus for a defensive sidearm if you gave it to me. Go with the top-tier models and stay safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom