Which guns to buy for my boys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm blessed to have three boys! My oldest is 7 and enjoys going to the range with me to pick up brass and shoot his bb gun. While I can, I'd like to purchase three of the same model hand guns to put up for their 18th birthday.

I've thought about bretta 92's, 1911's, HK's... The list goes on and on..

Any suggestions on something that might be nice in 10-17 years each can treasure? Mine will and up with them too one day, but I really want to fine three sweet special ones for them now.

Thoughts?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1911's with consecutive serial numbers.

Buy all three boys some AR lowers and have a group build when they get old enough.

That's a nifty idea - let the boys pick out the uppers and parts they want, so they can customize their own AR to their individual tastes. That might be something they'd hang onto for a long, long time.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
remington got in on the 1911 anniversary this year. I'd buy three of them because they are resonably priced and currently in production(ie. easy to find). Also, how can you go wrong with a 1911???

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1911's with consecutive serial numbers.

Buy all three boys some AR lowers and have a group build when they get old enough.

Like button on both accounts. Some Ruger SR1911's will be nice. Buying three of anything is a nice chunk of change so maybe some Rock Islands instead, though they wouldn't be as special. Really if I had the money I would get 3 Springfield Range Officers.

I like the idea of 3 lowers though, that is pretty cheap to do and would be cool.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What ever you do make sure that you get something engraved on them that makes them personal. Guns like that usually wont leave the family.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked my 7 and 8 year old what they wanted and my 8 year old wanted a bolt-gun like mine, so we started a build. My 7 year old wanted a Carbine, so we started a build for him. We completed each in about a year or so, and they have been shooting them a whole bunch and learned a lot about what went into them. They are 10 and 11 now, and really appreciate what they have.

You might find that they all have very different tastes in guns (this same thing is true of pocket knives - which I've started a little collection for each of mine).

Latest posts

Top Bottom