Which guns to buy for my boys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's great to hear all of your stories about the guns your fathers and grandfathers passed along. My dad gave me a marlin model 60... Still have it and fired thousands of rounds with it. Before my grandfather died he gave me an OLD Winchester pump 22. He had it for years and it is still one of my most loved guns.

I want to pass along that memory to my boys. The birthday camping trip when the actually get their first real gun. I don't want them to grow up, but I can't wait for that day.

I've been buying older 10/22's for the past few years, I now have them stripped AR-15 lowers we can build and I'll have them a pistol of some kind.

I appreciate you all sharing your stories!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input! I never considered the AR lower idea. I could easily get the lowers, and parts kits so it'd be ready.

The boys are 7, 2 and 1 month. Only the 7 yr has an opinion and he doesnt want 'loud' right now.

The 1911's would be nice, I'll check in to those

Sounds like you need to go ahead and pick up a suppressor along with the AR lower (and possibly a .22 conversion kit for uber-quiet shooting).

PDN

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have 8 and 10 yr. old boys myself.

So far, I've bought Stainless TC Encore frames for each of them. The older one took his first buck with the encore and .243 stainless barrel last fall
I've bought 10-22s for both of them as well. Finally, for the older one, I've bought a S&W 617 stainless revolver.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the 1911 idea, especially with consecutive numbers manufactured in 2011.

I know you mentioned handguns, but how about 3 Henry Golden Boy 22s? You can have them personally engraved for an extra $150 each. That would be very cool.

Or maybe three S&W revolvers, each from the year of their birth. And you could order a certificate of production from S&W for each wheelgun, and have the certificates framed. Nice.

Last edited:

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I vote for the 1911s because thats what i have in store for my kids. (2yr old and 4yr old).

honestly though any weapon would do. There were no weapons passed down in my family. most of my family are a bunch of religious hypocrites so they are anti-gun. (not knocking on religious folks).

i would have been greatfull to have recieved even a BB gun.

marvin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got twin boys (3) hav e thought this over myself, a lot of great ideas. My dad gave me a single shot 20ga. when I was 8 to help learn to make each shot count. I really like the 10/22 idea as well, letting them customize them to their desires (they can earn money to buy customizations).

Latest posts

Top Bottom