Which guns to buy for my boys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of coarse I am a 22 lr fanatic, but its hard to beat a good 22lr. Your kids will love shooting them at any age. Plus, one day their kids will love shooting them at any age. It will not matter if they have boys or girls. They will have fun with 22lrs, and it wont scare them to shoot them. Just a thought.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input! I never considered the AR lower idea. I could easily get the lowers, and parts kits so it'd be ready.

The boys are 7, 2 and 1 month. Only the 7 yr has an opinion and he doesnt want 'loud' right now.

The 1911's would be nice, I'll check in to those

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my boy a Caspian 1911 frame with his initials and birthdate as the serial number. I'll be quietly building it for the next dozen years or so, and he'll get it when the time is right.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought consecutive serial number AR lowers for my kids. I also grabbed them some of the P6's when they were available. I like the 1911 idea.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im too young for kids right now but the AR lower and consecutive serial # 1911s are definitely on my "What to Do When Im a Dad" list. I have no clue have to get my hands on consec serial #s though...

Lotahp1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I have 2 step sons and my son. My Granddad gave me my first gun. An old plastic stock Stevens model 87a 22 auto. So on there 12th B-day they each will get a plastic stock stevens model 87a. Now the hard part is finding 3 plastic stock stevens model 87a's. Found one and gave it to the oldest...unfortuatly he took it down to his aunts and they broke it...the stock. Had it in a closest and some how it got broke. It was a MINT example. Learned my lesson. I glued it back and now he only gets to shoot it with me...the other 2 will follow that path. Next they will get a Winchester 30-30 at 16...same as my Dad gave me. Has to be top eject with no scope. Only other gun my 5 year owns is a Stevens? over and under 22lr on top 20gauge on bottom. I was doing some trading and its his size...a single shot. Soon as he saw it he called it his gun. So I really didnt give it as much as he claimed it but its his. Its in the never sell part of out collection now. Anyhow go traditional. Start younger and teach the basics young. Im not a black gun fan (i own them yes but like the old stuff)

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3 Ruger 10/22s. Timeless classic. Won't break the bank. Dole them out on 8th birthday and they'll use them from then on.
Consider buying one Savage Cub single shot .22 for all 3 to learn with. Then keep it for grandkids to learn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom