Which magazines to get.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok after 16 years of owning and shooting only single action .45's I broke down and bought a 9mm today.

Couldn't stand the thought of a plastic gun, don't like the glocks or M&P's so

Didn't have a Sig Sauer budget....:cry11:

I picked up a really nice condition used tanfoglio TA-90 from sooner guns ;)

Need to get a few spare mags for this and I don't want crap mags so who makes the good ones for this pistol?

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck finding any information on good magazines for this pistol. I believe that they were bought out and kind of morphed into the EAA witness series of pistols. Anyway, they are all basically based upon the cz75 so you might try magazines made for Cz75.

bitterdaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a bit tricky. The older Tanfoglio TA-90 pistols (pretty close copies of older CZ 75s) were imported through several different distributors, and even though the newish "witness" series pistols are indeed made by Tanfoglio and imported strictly through EAA, the overall design has changed in the last decade or so.

The best new mags for old CZ's and TA-90's I've found within the last few years are Promags. The quality of the mag body is excellent, but the springs and followers are hit and miss. Worst case is buy a Promag, throw a Wolff spring in, and possibly do a bit of custom fitting with some fine sandpaper on the follower.

The best mags to use in your pistol are the original 15rd Mec-Gars. The new 16rd Mec-Gars are a different design, and most likely won't fit. The older 15rd Mec-Gars pop up on Gunbroker all the time.

TA-90's are generally great shooters too!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually the stock mag is a 16 rounder, from what I could find this is a post 88 import and supposedly the 16 round mec-gar with the steel base plate for the cz 75 b is the ones I want. Found a deal on some for $16 a piece so I ordered 4 to try out.

mecoffeenut

New to the site!
Reaction score
Actually the stock mag is a 16 rounder, from what I could find this is a post 88 import and supposedly the 16 round mec-gar with the steel base plate for the cz 75 b is the ones I want. Found a deal on some for $16 a piece so I ordered 4 to try out.

I have a pre 2005 witness compact and have been looking for some magazines. Who did you order your magazines from and when you get them could you let me know if they work?

Latest posts

Top Bottom