Cheap handguns that have proven to be reliable for you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife's Ruger LCP II @ 249.99 has been 100% reliable since the factory fixed a mag release issue under warranty. . Also had a $229.99 Taurus 709 Slim that went bang every time until it was stolen.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a bersa thunder that only jammed once every second shot. If you wanted to commit suicide, that’s the gun to take to a gun fight

Cringe Smile GIF by Freedomists

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a bersa thunder that only jammed once every second shot. If you wanted to commit suicide, that’s the gun to take to a gun fight

I'll bet you that the recoil spring was put on backwards,,,
Mine performed very well for several range trips,,,
Then I cleaned it and had that exact problem.

Then a member of a Bersa forum told me,,,
One end of the spring is slightly smaller than the other,,,
I reinstalled the spring so the small end was to the rear of the pistol.

Never had a problem with since then.

Aarond

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering which guns you own that are inexpensive but have proven to be reliable. I understand that inexpensive or cheap is subjective, so I like to think more in terms of compared to other pistols in it's class. I have a Remington R1 1911 that I think I paid around $600 new a few years back that I can't remember having a single malfunction with. I compare that to an Sig 1911 I got for around $900 around the same time that I couldn't make it through a single mag without a malfunction.
My little Kel-Tec .380 fires every single time I pull the trigger. It had some surface rust on it and I don’t think it had ever been cleaned when I bought it for $100.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I almost forgot about my Hi-Point C9,,,
I bought it used and abused at a gun show,,,
Private sale in the parking lot for a mere $65.00.

That weekend I cleaned it and put 150 accurate rounds through it,,,
I haven't touched it since and it lives in a case with,,,
The Hi-Point 9mm carbine that I also own.

That pair lives in the dark recess of my car trunk,,,
They are my SHTF get-home guns,,,
Just in case ya know.

Aarond

Bilsondiehard

Marksman
Reaction score
Just wondering which guns you own that are inexpensive but have proven to be reliable. I understand that inexpensive or cheap is subjective, so I like to think more in terms of compared to other pistols in it's class. I have a Remington R1 1911 that I think I paid around $600 new a few years back that I can't remember having a single malfunction with. I compare that to a Sig 1911 I got for around $900 around the same time that I couldn't make it through a single mag without a malfunction.
The 365s. Bersa is a little gem as well. Blackhawk armory has a sale for the next 2 hours or so. Can get a tpr9, (steel and aluminum 17+1 4.3” barrel) for $300. That things a steal.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have an old Western Marshal in 22LR. Looks like a kid drug it a mile down the gravel road. To say it looks rough would be nice. I bought it cheap!!! Guy was shocked, just negotid on a nice rifle. Had a NRA instructor give us grief over it. I handed it to him with six rounds and said prove me wrong. He shot it off hand, six rounds, 25 feet, almost every round in center. He apologized.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have an old Western Marshal in 22LR. Looks like a kid drug it a mile down the gravel road. To say it looks rough would be nice. I bought it cheap!!! Guy was shocked, just negotid on a nice rifle. Had a NRA instructor give us grief over it. I handed it to him with six rounds and said prove me wrong. He shot it off hand, six rounds, 25 feet, almost every round in center. He apologized.
Show us!

Latest posts

Top Bottom