Which of the 3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best way to figure this out is to first decide which of these fills your requirements for a side arm, then go and shoot the guns. You will come to a conclusion pretty soon as to which fits your style and capabilities in short order.

I have owned a few guns on your list and shot some of the rest. For me it came down to keeping it simple. simple to operate under stress, simple to fix in the field. I chose Glock, but strayed from the fold a couple of times only to come back full circle.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with any of them. You might consider the M&P 40c as you can purchase an after market bbl. and some mags and have multi-calibers. That would work for the Glock 23/27 also. No really sure about the XDm. I've fired/owned all and all are great firearms. The M&P is the least expensive of the three.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a place nearby where you can rent each of them to try? It sounds like you prefer the feel of the M&P, and traditional advice is you should go with what feels best in the hand. Occasionally the one thats feels the most comfortable in the store doesn't do it for you when actually shooting it, though that's probably rare.

I've picked up several M&P's and just couldn't bond with them. Same with the Glock for many years. Oddly enough, I went to buy a XD and after fingering them both side by side, brought home a Glock and have been happy with it.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I owned an XD 9 sub compact but sold it a few years ago. Very accurate gun but too heavy. Plus the mag relase button was really stiff and empty mags would not fall free. I have shot the m&p9c. Good gun. Just didn't feel right in my hand. Gen 4 Glock 26 is pretty sweet. Several ozs ligher than the XD sc (6-7 if memory is correct), interchangeable backstraps, reversible mag release, empty mags drop free, gun goes bang EVERY time.

I looked long and hard at the XDS, but the issues it had both pre and post recall worried me.

If you can, try before you buy. Takes a lot of guesswork out of buying.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wondering what everyone thinks is better, Glock, Smith & Wesson, or Springfield Armory?
The reason why is because I'm thinking of a S&W M&P9c, but I'm also thinking of a Glock 26, Glock 27, Glock 30, Glock 36, or a Sprinfield Armory XDm 3.8 compact in 9mm.
I do like the S&W M&P9c a bit better since now they're putting the better triggers in then like in the Shield, plus the "palm swell" to me is better than just a simple back strap like the Glocks and XD(m)s have, plus since I'm a lefty there's a ambi-slide release on it.
Though still I'm not quite sure what of these would be better...
So please give me some suggestions on what would be a better model or different striker fired guns. From full size all the way down to sub-compact.

So, what'd you buy?

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, what'd you buy?

I haven't been able to get a job yet, it's like no one if hiring but I'm for sure gonna get the M&P9c.
I'm pretty much gonna do what my dad does with his Ruger SR series, pretty much buy one in every caliber.
The more I think about the M&P series, it makes me want one even more.
Besides, I need another striker fired gun, haven't had one for about a year now and my collection it feeling lonely without one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom