Which of the 3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wondering what everyone thinks is better, Glock, Smith & Wesson, or Springfield Armory?
The reason why is because I'm thinking of a S&W M&P9c, but I'm also thinking of a Glock 26, Glock 27, Glock 30, Glock 36, or a Sprinfield Armory XDm 3.8 compact in 9mm.
I do like the S&W M&P9c a bit better since now they're putting the better triggers in then like in the Shield, plus the "palm swell" to me is better than just a simple back strap like the Glocks and XD(m)s have, plus since I'm a lefty there's a ambi-slide release on it.
Though still I'm not quite sure what of these would be better...
So please give me some suggestions on what would be a better model or different striker fired guns. From full size all the way down to sub-compact.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
why don't you just practice being right handed...you'll have a bigger decision to make. LOL Seriously, they are all great guns and it appears you're leaning toward the S&W. Just go for it!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There is nothing WRONG with any of them but I much prefer the M&P.

If you go with the compact you can use a full size mag with an X-Grip for more capacity when you want.

Sent from my Obamaphone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 29, wait that wasn't a choice? All are great choices and great guns don't think you could go wrong with either but sounds like you have already figured out the most practical for you and the most comfortable, go with that one.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is nothing WRONG with any of them but I much prefer the M&P.

If you go with the compact you can use a full size mag with an X-Grip for more capacity when you want.

Sent from my Obamaphone using Tapatalk 2

This, or make sure all your mags have the extension on them to help with grip. My wife and I both carry the 9c.

tempusfugit77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I owned an XD and sold it many years ago. Never really liked it. The M&P 9 is a great gun and was my favorite until recently. I recently acquired a Glock 19. Both my wife and I shot better and noticed less perceived recoil with the Glock. There is no doubt that the M&P feels better in the hand though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom