Which of the 3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't been able to get a job yet, it's like no one if hiring but I'm for sure gonna get the M&P9c.
I'm pretty much gonna do what my dad does with his Ruger SR series, pretty much buy one in every caliber.
The more I think about the M&P series, it makes me want one even more.
Besides, I need another striker fired gun, haven't had one for about a year now and my collection it feeling lonely without one.

Like someone stated above, if you want to go with multiple calibers in the M&P, one way to do it is buy one gun and get different caliber barrels for it.

This what I did...I bought a .357 Sig compact that also came with a 40 S&W barrel.

Then I got a factory 9mm barrel for it.

Then I bought a couple of full size magazines and X-grip adapters.

With this setup I could use the gun in either the compact or full size configuration. Basically six guns in one.

It only takes a few seconds to change out the barrel, and the gun was very accurate with all three calibers.

Swapping out the barrels only works with the 40 and the 357 guns. It will not work with the 9mm gun.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been my experience that most, not all, people fall into one of two camps; Glock and M&P or XD/XDM. The grip is cut differently on the Springfields enough that they don't fit right for some and then don't point right. I am in the former category. If you can shoot them all before buying, you are better off in the long run. Feel and fit is critical.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like someone stated above, if you want to go with multiple calibers in the M&P, one way to do it is buy one gun and get different caliber barrels for it.

This what I did...I bought a .357 Sig compact that also came with a 40 S&W barrel.

Then I got a factory 9mm barrel for it.

Then I bought a couple of full size magazines and X-grip adapters.

With this setup I could use the gun in either the compact or full size configuration. Basically six guns in one.

It only takes a few seconds to change out the barrel, and the gun was very accurate with all three calibers.

Swapping out the barrels only works with the 40 and the 357 guns. It will not work with the 9mm gun.

I've thought about that but .357 Sig is pretty pricey though. It's not a bad idea though, might do that in the long run.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I've thought about that but .357 Sig is pretty pricey though. It's not a bad idea though, might do that in the long run.

I know a lot of people don't go with .357 Sig for various reasons, but it is what I went with at the time for self defense.

Having all three calibers isn't for everyone, but the OP mentioned getting a M&P in each caliber.

You can get the 40 cal. and get the 9mm barrel for it if you like those two calibers.

Regardless of which caliber one chooses, my favorite feature of the compact is being able to also set it up as a full size with the higher capacity magazine and X-grip.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI: factory M&P 9mm barrel supply has dried up recently. Aftermarket 9mm barrels are available at twice the price. For those interested in making multi-caliber M&Ps from the 40s.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
FYI: factory M&P 9mm barrel supply has dried up recently. Aftermarket 9mm barrels are available at twice the price. For those interested in making multi-caliber M&Ps from the 40s.

The 9mm barels weren't easy to come by when I got mine about two years ago. I set up an alert at Midway USA and had to wait a couple of months.

Latest posts

Top Bottom