Which one ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight92

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sure you handle them first, thought I would like the Ruger until I actually handled it and could not stand the way it felt in my hand. Out of the three I would vote the Ruger though

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger. There is nothing wrong with Ruger semi-autos, they just won't shoot a tight group.

I had a P-97 that was unusually accurate by defensive pistol standards with 230gr Gold Dot ammo. Some of their models do shoot bucket sized groups though.

Of the 3, avoid the Hi Point. I send the preference to save pennies and buy a little better gun, even if its used.

Boomer45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you made a good choice. Now the only thing left to do is get yourself and the wife out to familiarize yourselves with your chosen weapons. The only thing more dangerous than being in a life threatening situation without a firearm is being in a life threatening situation with a firearm that you cannot operate. Remember you are only about half as good in a high stress situation as you are on your best day at the range. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom