Which politicians to contact about campus carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know the new session doesn't start for a couple months but I was wondering which state politicians may be pushing for campus carry legislation this year. I'd like to get an early start on showing them my support and seeing how I can help. Tired of giving up my rights when I go to class.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The more who contact their legislators, the better. Legalization of campus carry in Idaho should help the cause.

Take a moment to try to see the issue from the legislator's point of view. They have heard from university presidents who strongly oppose this. Consider explaining why are you are right and they are wrong.
"I realize that university presidents in Oklahoma are opposed to this. Here is why I think they are wrong and legalizing campus carry is a good thing: ....."

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The earlier you contact legislators the better. It helps to not only contact them but provide examples of a bill passed in another state or write one yourself. The less the legislator has to do to support your position the more likely he/she will do so.

Also supporting OK2A and the campus carry organization are important.

On a related note your post reminded me of an article and discussion I read a couple of months ago.
http://chronicle.com/blogs/conversation/2014/10/14/why-i-dont-want-guns-in-my-classroom/?cid=at&utm_source=at&utm_medium=en

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The earlier you contact legislators the better. It helps to not only contact them but provide examples of a bill passed in another state or write one yourself. The less the legislator has to do to support your position the more likely he/she will do so.

Also supporting OK2A and the campus carry organization are important.

On a related note your post reminded me of an article and discussion I read a couple of months ago.
http://chronicle.com/blogs/conversation/2014/10/14/why-i-dont-want-guns-in-my-classroom/?cid=at&utm_source=at&utm_medium=en

The comments section of this article is well worth reading. Thank you

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The comments section of this article is well worth reading. Thank you

I read the comments too. The ignorance of some people is amazing. Nice to see alot of people supporting our rights too. I will begin contacting representatives this weekend and will look into supporting OK2A. If you are a member do you receive updates on what the organization is doing?

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will begin contacting representatives this weekend and will look into supporting OK2A. If you are a member do you receive updates on what the organization is doing?

OK2A is the premier gun rights advocacy group in Oklahoma. Legislative accomplishments are here but I don't think they include the newest bills passed like being able have a weapon in your car on a public school parking lot. Updates during the legislative session are emailed and posted online including facebook. Organization and membership information here.

The campus organization is http://concealedcampus.org/. I'm not a member but I suspect there is a lot of good info on their website.

Latest posts

Top Bottom