Which S&W .357 revolver would you choose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which S&W .357 Revolver would you buy first?

• Total voters

kimberst245

New to the site!
Reaction score
I voted the Model 66, preferably with a 4" barrel. I have a Model 19 with a 4" barrel in nickel finish and it fills every role that I can think of for a revolver.....Accurate to a "t," easy to carry, easily concealed (with the right clothes,) and it could be used for hunting deer or such in a pinch with the right loads. Now, that being said, alot will depend on which feels better/looks more attractive to you. I also have the blued version of the 686, the Model 586 in 4" barrel length. It will do everything the Model 19 will, and then some (a fuller diet of .357 Magnum,) but it is just not as easily concealed by me. I had a model 60 at one point, but let it go due to the trade off of weight vs. capacity vs. NOT fun to shoot with .357 at all. Again, the choice is yours. Be warned though, Smith & Wesson revolvers seem to be an addiction.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It is an N-frame round butt, *27, guessing model 327. Those are referred to as "Boot Grips". They can be had from several different makers.

They can be found for pretty much any gun. And it refers more to the minimal design, particularly in that they don't extend past the bottom of the grip frame (on full frame guns, that doesn't apply to the later Ruger designs). Typically found mostly for round butt frames, but are also seen on square butts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom