Which shotgun should I keep?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have several 12 gauge shottys and I think I want to thin the herd. I have a home defense one that I will keep for that purpose alone but would like to have an all-purpose type hunting one as well.
I have a Mossberg 500ag and a Remington 870 both of which I will probably let go but I would like advice between the remaining two on which one to keep.
I have a nice Remington 1100 with a mod choke and a 28" barrel and a like new Mossberg 935 that is only a 24" rifled barrel, are there any pros/cons to these two and which one would be the best choice for an all purpose field gun? Or should I get rid of all of them and get something with different chokes? Thanks for the input

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wow ok all good shottys in their own right. the 500 is one of those that has a million after market accessories as well as the 870 both good solid pump guns. now as far as the semi autos that is kind of a toss up but it really depends on what you expect from the one you will keep. one point is I believe the mossberg barrels are cheaper so you could change out the barrel on the 935. but the remington is a good solid workhorse. I say keep the one that feels better to you and the one that you shoot the best. just my .02

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
just help me understand (because my shotgun knowledge is very limited) why choose the 870 pump over the 1100 semi-auto for hunting purposes?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have owned most, and have hunted with all of the shotguns you have.

I prefer the Remington 1100.

I started out with the 1100, went to pumps for many years, and went back to the 1100.

Latest posts

Top Bottom