Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've found I like NATO straps more than anything, but they do push the watch out from your wrist making it taller. 13mm is about my limit for watch thickness anyway and I can do that with a NATO but just barely.

If it's not a NATO I need a bracelet band, leather just gets too fouled too quickly for me. :nolike:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_5237.jpeg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I cut the extra flap of most my nato straps which helps with the thickness issue. What is best about the nato is when they are dirty I throw a few in a little net bag and run them through the washer after dousing them in shout and letting them soak a few minutes.

Schlafftablett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've found I like NATO straps more than anything, but they do push the watch out from your wrist making it taller. 13mm is about my limit for watch thickness anyway and I can do that with a NATO but just barely.

If it's not a NATO I need a bracelet band, leather just gets too fouled too quickly for me. :nolike:
Other than my original blue Seamaster, Kobold model B, and newer Railmaster every watch I own is now on a NATO. Even my wife picked up on it had me pull the bracelet off of her SMP. Between the two of us, we probably have at least 30 different straps. I think it’s cool to be able to coordinate with what you’re wearing and in the case of my Sub, I just think it looks super awesome with a bond strap.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Watch Steward G series strap arrived yesterday. This is my first strap from TWS. It's not perfect, but its a bargain considering that it's the same cost as a supreme NATO from Crown and Buckle, half the cost of a Nick Mankey strap, and a quarter the cost of an Erika's Originals strap. My only criticism is the hardware. I wish that the G hooks were more nicely finished and that the retaining shoulder on the hook was cut just a bit deeper. The hook is 316L stainless with a tumbled finish. Just bead blasting or brushing the finish would make a difference. Tumbled finish doesn’t match most case finishes and looks a bit cheap. I brushed the finish on this hook to make it a little better match the case. For basically $30 shipped and only a two day turnaround before shipping, it's a winner.

20240619_161648.jpg

20240619_161740.jpg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Watch Steward G series strap arrived yesterday. This is my first strap from TWS. It's not perfect, but its a bargain considering that it's the same cost as a supreme NATO from Crown and Buckle, half the cost of a Nick Mankey strap, and a quarter the cost of an Erika's Originals strap. My only criticism is the hardware. I wish that the G hooks were more nicely finished and that the retaining shoulder on the hook was cut just a bit deeper. The hook is 316L stainless with a tumbled finish. Just bead blasting or brushing the finish would make a difference. Tumbled finish doesn’t match most case finishes and looks a bit cheap. I brushed the finish on this hook to make it a little better match the case. For basically $30 shipped and only a two day turnaround before shipping, it's a winner.

View attachment 487979

View attachment 487980
It looks good on that watch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom