Which would you pick?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OK, Im a newbie here, but I am looking for some input. I am in the market for a ccw and have about 3 that I am looking at. Just want to see what everyone thinks. I would like to keep the price tag under $400, so here is what I have come up with:

Bersa UCP 9mm
Taurus 709 Slim
Keltec PF9

The biggest problem is finding someone who has one in stock to even look at, let alone buy. Hit me with your comments. Thnaks in advance.

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
stay away from the taurus and its internal lock, the bersa is nice but i would put my money on the keltec, its nicely priced, light weight and conceals great.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would go with the bersa, love there guns, iv had one ordered forever and i own the keltec, they are good guns for the money but iv been more impressed with bersa...:clap3:

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
None of the above.

Save up a little more cash and get a used Glock, XD or M&P from the OSA classifieds.

Regardless of what you get, make sure it meets these requirements:
1) Is it reliable? Can I bet my life and the life of my loved ones on this weapon?
2) How does it function? Can I properly function and deploy this weapon when I absolutely must be able to?
3) Is it concealable? If this weapon is for concealed carry, can I properly and safely conceal this weapon? When it's concealed, can I properly draw this weapon?
4) Does it point where I aim it? Does it point naturally for you?
5) Can you shoot the gun? If you can't manage the recoil and get fast follow-up shots, its too much gun.

pktrkt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never owned the Bersa but have the PF9 and the 709. When I first bought the 709 I was very impressed with it, the way if felt the trigger and the fact it had a safety. Now after shooting lots of ammo out of them both the 709 still feels better and is easire to shoot but its not reliable as the PF9 or at least in my 709 it not. For some reason 2-3 rounds out of 75 or so will fail to eject all the way out of the chamber causing a major malfunction. 709 is more accurate, in mine, and is easire to shoot over a longer period of time but realiblity goes to the PF9 as its never had a malfunction, that I can remember. This is my opinion only and results my vary in your individual weapon.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OH! And be sure to test some guns before you purchase one. Many of the guys and gals here are happy to get together with new shooters and let them test fire their weapons to see if they like the feel of their gun.

Or, go to a range (NOT GUNWORLD!) and rent some guns. I believe H&H has quite a few types and calibers you can rent. That will give you a much better idea of what works for you.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, Im a newbie here, but I am looking for some input. I am in the market for a ccw and have about 3 that I am looking at. Just want to see what everyone thinks. I would like to keep the price tag under $400, so here is what I have come up with:

Bersa UCP 9mm
Taurus 709 Slim
Keltec PF9

The biggest problem is finding someone who has one in stock to even look at, let alone buy. Hit me with your comments. Thnaks in advance.

:yelclap:i got mine (keltec) at rj's in broken arrow..:w000t:

Latest posts

Top Bottom