Which would you pick?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marvinvwinkle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Kel Tec and it is very reliable and small. It is not a range gun, but is fun to shoot when you take it to the range. I shot most of the the other guns and for the money you can't beat the Kel Tec. Good service if you need it.

akabickle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cant say anything bad about my first taurus. it was the pt111 model which is 9mm. could be heavier to absorb the recoil. but never jammed on me. I always heard to stear clear of keltec. Bersa makes other brands as well iv heard. Prob either would be a good pick :D

OSU Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree with the comments about trying all of the pistols before you purchase them. I have not shot the PF9 but my dad has a P11 and he has been happy with it. I second the vote for the Kahr CW series. I picked one up in January for $399 nib and I have been very impressed. I was looking for a PF9 or P11, but for not much more money the CW is a much nicer weapon. It is a great shooter, and it is very easy to conceal.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, i got offered a P11 today for $180 out the door. I couldn't pass it up, so I think that will be where I start for now. That just means that I have some money already in the kitty for the next one. Maybe I should look more seriously at the kool aid that all of the Glock lovers are drinking.:drunk2:

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, i got offered a P11 today for $180 out the door. I couldn't pass it up, so I think that will be where I start for now. That just means that I have some money already in the kitty for the next one. Maybe I should look more seriously at the kool aid that all of the Glock lovers are drinking.:drunk2:

Cool! Congrats and a great price! The wife and I have a pair of P11's and like them a lot. If you have an older model, call Kel Tec and have them send you the 8.5# trigger spring. The early one's had a 10#. It helps a lot. Also you might want to consider a trigger shoe. It helps reduce apparent trigger weight and if you're like many, the trigger starts chewing on your trigger finger pretty quickly and spreading the force really helps with that. You can also do a little bit of polishing to the internals to smooth it up quite a bit and increase reliability. Check out this site for the how-to and other helpful advice.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1267480299

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I should look more seriously at the kool aid that all of the Glock lovers are drinking.:drunk2:
:hithead:

Easy Noob. Koolaid is reserved for Obama-worshipping fools, not 2nd Ammendment-suporting "Glock lovers".:D If you haven't tried them, don't knock them. Save your ill-directed disdain for something more deserving.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the kel tec pf9 & it has been flawless except it did not like remington golden saber, gold dots & hydro schock run great 3-400 rds so far

Latest posts

Top Bottom