White Oak Armament Barrels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the market for a 16" barrel for an AR build. Originally I was going to go with Lilja as I have had good luck with their AR barrels. However, they are quite a bit more expensive. I have heard good things about WOA barrels. I am looking for something lighter weight than my 308s but still accurate to under 1 moa out to 400 yards.

For those with experience with WOA, specifically 16" barrels, how accurate are they and are you satisfied with their performance?

Laubage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the 18" white oaks barrel on my spr and I love it so far. No problems shooting at 400yds but we will how it does when I take it to 500 during the appleseed shoot.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the 16" SS and even though its 1:7, I've had good results from 50 grain JHP's to 55 grain V-Max's to 69 grain BTHP's. All out to 500 yards hitting a 4 moa plate consistently. Never shot for groups past 200 though. It is a bit heavier than I would like, thought about having it fluted but with around 4k rounds through it I really don't want to risk messing it up. Next time I'll just have it fluted from the start, or go with a different barrel.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't have experience with WOA first hand, but I've never heard any negative about their quality and accuracy.

Check out Loki Weapon Systems barrels too. I use their 18" stainless double fluted barrel for my competition rifle. It's wicked accurate and very light weight. I would definitely buy one again.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My WOA SPR barrel is the bee's knees. I haven't used a 16 incher though. Are you a 1 MOA shooter at 400? If so, there are lots of good barrels. Jesse at Sierra 1 gunworks in OKC just cut me a helluva deal on a Rainier Arms select 16" barrel for my current Recce style build. Quite a bit less than the Rainier website, and Rainier warranties 1 MOA at 100 with factory match. Match and UltraMatch are better. You wouldn't be disappointed with either Rainier or WOA.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't want a 5.56 barrel @16" with rifle gas personally. Mid-length is perfect for a 14.5-16" barrel.

WOA turns some of the best AR barrels out there. For the cost they are hard to beat. Have not been really impressed with the couple of Black Hole barrels I've threaded.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious what they had to do to make it reliable. I've read on the interwebs that most have to make the gas port larger. So much larger that it pretty much negates the 'softness' of it being a rifle gas. I thought maybe if someone were to make one with a normal rifle gas port, then go with a lighter carrier and/or buffer, it might still be soft.

But like you said Dustin, I really don't see any advantage with a rifle gas over a midlength on a 16". If someone were to want a longer sight radius and 16", go with a dissapator, "dissy".

Latest posts

Top Bottom