White Oak Armament Barrels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks man. I should be at USSA for the 3 gun match in a couple weeks if you want to try it out. To feel the weight and just look it over and of coarse shoot it. I got my barrel from Rainier Arms. Had a promo code at the time but that was several years ago.

I might take you up on that. I shoot IDPA and IPSC, and part of the reason I wanted to build this rifle is for 3 gun. I am not in a big hurry for a barrel though as I am still waiting patiently on the SWFA SS 1-6 that is coming "Summer 2012."Now I just need a good shotgun.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might take you up on that. I shoot IDPA and IPSC, and part of the reason I wanted to build this rifle is for 3 gun. I am not in a big hurry for a barrel though as I am still waiting patiently on the SWFA SS 1-6 that is coming "Summer 2012."Now I just need a good shotgun.

Can't go wrong with a Benelli.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would give a really hard look at AR Performance's 16" 1/8 twist melonite barrels: http://ar15performance.com/5_56_223

They state that they were able to get 1/2" groups with 69 grain handloads out of these. Assuming that was at 100 yards (it is so annoying when people don't say the distance), that is very impressive -- especially for one with a lining that is supposed to rival the longevity of chrome lined.

Last edited:

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would give a really hard look at AR Performance's 16" 1/8 twist melonite barrels: http://ar15performance.com/5_56_223

They state that they were able to get 1/2" groups with 69 grain handloads out of these. Assuming that was at 100 yards (it is so annoying when people don't say the distance), that is very impressive -- especially for one with a lining that is supposed to rival the longevity of chrome lined.

I have not heard of this company, thank you for sharing. Their half inch group (distance unknown as you pointed out) is set at a bullet length of 2.285" which is well beyond magazine length of 2.260". I can get 2.270 or so into a PMAG, but any variance in bullet dimension could cause a malfunction in the rifle. I find that to be a little sketchy advertising myself.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's common in hi-power competition to load ammo with lengths well past mag length in order to better engage the lands of the barrel when the bullet makes the jump from the throat. The rounds are single-loaded through the ejection port.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Totally off subject from WOA. But I just picked up a BCM A4 style 20in barreled upper. They were in stock less than a week and i'd been waiting 6 months for mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom