Who’s the LUGER expert and what is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know what this is and its value? Someone is trying to sell it and “I know nothing” about Lugers.

Attachments

• 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    431.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    301.9 KB · Views: 0

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All i can tell you is that the markings on the side, looks like importer marking of the company that imported it into the US. I have seen it on alot of guns that was imported.
I had a CAi AK that’s why I’m asking questions, they’re acting like it’s valuable but i know CAI is an importer etc.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not a luger connoisseur by any means, but judging from your pics it appears to be a an imported non numbers matching luger. Fairly common, likely eastern combloc post war acquisition. Conservatively I wouldn’t pay more than $700-800, in the pics it looks a little rough.
@soonerman got any idea?

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not a luger connoisseur by any means, but judging from your pics it appears to be a an imported non numbers matching luger. Fairly common, likely eastern combloc post war acquisition. Conservatively I wouldn’t pay more than $700-800, in the pics it looks a little rough.
@soonerman got any idea?
Not to mention the ugly dimpled stenciling that looks like total crap on the side of it. Personally, I think that would bring the value down even more.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pictures don't show enough to determine who made it or when. Some makes/years can be quite valuable even in rough condition, but there's no way to know here. Things like unit markings that are associated with a unit that fought in a famous battle can matter as well. Again, not enough information here. It's marked 9mm, so likely not particularly early, or it's had a barrel swap. Bore condition matters, but again, can't tell about this one. The dot-matrix billboard import marks significantly detract. Anyhow, assuming a common-issue mixmaster in poor-fair condition, I'm with the previous poster who put the value in the $700-$800 range. Maybe less.

Last edited:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know what this is and its value? Someone is trying to sell it and “I know nothing” about Lugers.

Man, I'm at a loss on this one. None of the ones I've owned or held had the 'pixelated' numbers, script, or markings....... The weapon does appear to be in very rough condition. Would also need many more pictures.

Do the magazines(s) have matching #'s? Does the metal grip have the 'lug' to attach a wooden rifle stock? Does the left side have the police side sear safety strap (looks like one had been there and someone decided to pull it off)?

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is an importers mark.
C.A.I. = Century Arms International
I used to have some Mosin 91/30s with that same CAI dot matrix style import markings.

1722880537271.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom