Who’s the LUGER expert and what is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ahall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know my Lugers,
The fit/ finish is rough, but I don't see the war eagle or other typical WWII war production markings.

The proofs appear to be crowns over text, which could be civilian, not military proofs.
The form is common for many European countries, and without clear images I can't say much more.
With sharper images the proofs would tell you the country of origin and rough time period.

Lots of folks made Lugers, in a lot of variations for about 30 years. Prices range widely depending on rarity.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks to be poorly reblued as well as non-matching and rough condition. Pics of the top to show the manufacturer would help. Obviously not a vet bring-back or anything special, probably on the bottom rung of the value scale, unless it's a Krieghoff or something...and even then, it's not in collectable condition.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you look at the toggle, it would help to identify it. Byf is Mauser and the other DWM, just for examples of what to look for. But there are so many variations and makers, that without all the markings there is no telling. Also, Lugers are commonly altered to be a more valuable variant. So look out for forgeries and frauds.

Attachments

• 20240805_202001.jpg
    20240805_202001.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240805_202017.jpg
    20240805_202017.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 0

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard, or read, that there is a small piece that if it is replaced from another Luger it cannot be fired. Before I would buy any Luger I would want to test fire it first

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This one is certainly not an extremely valuable item. If you could pick it up for $5-600, buy it and use it as a conversation starter at the range. You won't have to worry about losing much money this way and you'll get the satisfaction of shooting a work of art.

Latest posts

Top Bottom