who all is going the first day of archery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis - What gives? Are you saving those arrows and your luck for this weekend? I would practice on those live does ... ah, you have ice in your veins ... you don't need that much practice. See ya and talk to you soon!

Dreaming Man

I'm going to hunt in the morning, then it's total focus on MAAD. see you there.

nativehunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i went to fort cobb spooncg33 didnt see a thing pigs where fighting like crazy. i started walking to my spot some guy walked in with me i sat down he went far in the woods i got ready to leave saw him draging a deer out at least he had good luck lol

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was in the stand almost all day except for a lunch break. A two year old six point came in with another four pont and a doe at 4:32. I took the six point at 4:38. It was on private land south of Inola.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
left work at 2. m y son was hunting in a popup and i was in my tower. he had two does with fawns come to the corn at 7. thery didn't like the new popup(we'll leave it there the rest of the season). he didn't have cell coverage so he didn't get the text about the doe standing right behind him at 7:40. she saw his phone light up when he checked the time. never saw a deer run that fast!

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
three turkeys. 1 Tom and 2 Jakes. Took a shot at the Tom. Didn't check clearance again before releasing the arrow. managed to nail the rail on the stand with the bottom cam. Arrow in the dirt.

Saw a couple of deer crossing one of the fields on the way out.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I blame the full moon. lol I was getting out of my stand at 7:45, dark enough I couldn't see 20 yards as I was in an oak flat, both feet had just hit my climbing sticks when I heard the tell-tale crunching. I froze. 3 deer crossed the creek bed 15 yards from my stand but I could only see their bellies/tails with how dark it was. They started feeding on the acorns nearby and my calf cramped up. After shifting weight for 10 minutes, I tried to sneak down. Was busted 3 steps from the stand by a doe 20 feet away. She blew and freaked me out as I didn't realize she was that close. Heard her blowing as she put 300 yards between us.

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
yup, and i'm so very much looking forward to it after missing last year.
gonna hit up lake Heyburn.

dproberts.files.wordpress.com_2012_02_dprghillie.jpg_7d52d3682465204d63442cc3aba4bc63.jpg

I plan on hunting public for the first time this rifle season. Going to go scout Lake Heyburn this weekend. Post pics of your kill

Latest posts

Top Bottom