who all is going the first day of archery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
iam wondering how many people will be out never hunted deer on public just private

I got a buddy that's never hunted and I am helping him set up on public land and teaching him what little I know. I'll hunt with him some, but mostly on private land a few miles away. I am going in the morning afterall so I'm stoked once again. This has potential to be my last season to get to hunt with regularity so I'm wanting to get in some good time in the field!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im at the lease now, my stand is not far, between a feeder and food plot. Just finished off a balony sandwich and about to hit the rack. Ill be here until wednesday night.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I decided to hunt the private 40 acres I just got access to. My public spots are a mile or more walk and I'm hunting after work, so they'll wait until this weekend when other hunters push deer to me.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My truck its loaded. Unfortunately I'm at work. Going to try and work it to leave at 3:30 today. I can be in the stand by4:15.

Judy have to plan my day right to make to happen.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My truck its loaded. Unfortunately I'm at work. Going to try and work it to leave at 3:30 today. I can be in the stand by4:15.

Judy have to plan my day right to make to happen.

Same situation. Although I'm punching out at 3, no trying about it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back in. Had to walk about 1/3 mile across a wheatfield to a cut I've made through the trees that leads to a small food plot. Just as I stepped out I could see 4 deer in the full moonlight eating beans on the neighbors place. I was stuck right there with no place to go. One of them came my direction, and must have winded me, as she blew, and all four ran off. Made two steps, and busted two more standing in front of the ladder stand in the food plot.
Off they went.

Got in the stand, and realized I'd forgot to bring the seat cushion. That expanded metal seat got real uncomfortable.
Finally about 0800, two does came out of the woods, walked under the stand, and started browsing. Tried to get the phone out of my pocket and take a pic, but the stand kept creaking, and they wandered off.
That was it for the morning.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis - What gives? Are you saving those arrows and your luck for this weekend? I would practice on those live does ... ah, you have ice in your veins ... you don't need that much practice. See ya and talk to you soon!

Dreaming Man

Just got back in. Had to walk about 1/3 mile across a wheatfield to a cut I've made through the trees that leads to a small food plot. Just as I stepped out I could see 4 deer in the full moonlight eating beans on the neighbors place. I was stuck right there with no place to go. One of them came my direction, and must have winded me, as she blew, and all four ran off. Made two steps, and busted two more standing in front of the ladder stand in the food plot.
Off they went.

Got in the stand, and realized I'd forgot to bring the seat cushion. That expanded metal seat got real uncomfortable.
Finally about 0800, two does came out of the woods, walked under the stand, and started browsing. Tried to get the phone out of my pocket and take a pic, but the stand kept creaking, and they wandered off.
That was it for the morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom