Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TheRealGman

I am on Day 75. I feel like Charlie and Grampa Joe riding in Willie Wonka's chocolate water boat ride. The waiting keeps flying by and there is no way to get off the wait train.

Is there anyone out there that submitted their application in April (more specifically the first of April) that has received their license yet?

My non-resident Virginia license was processed in almost 1/3rd the amount of time compared to Oklahoma. Go figure.

I also spoke to a very high ranking legislator and he urges everyone that has a completed an application that the OSBI has had longer than their legislative 90 days should contact the Senator and Congressman and let them know how long it is taking and that the OSBI is having difficulty fulfilling the legislative intent of SDA. I caveat this statement with, "I believe it is not the OSBI's fault," they have not been supported financially and are doing the best with what they have. Not enough man hours in the day. Do we want then solving crimes or processing SDA applications? Our elected officials need to increase funding for the SDA department within the OSBI or issue the license and then take away if the background check fails or follow the lead of other states that can process in 10 days.

I believe the State of Florida has their Dept. of Agriculture that processes the CCPs. If the Dept. of Agricultural can process applications in 30 days, why do we need 90+

Last edited:

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My gf submitted Mar 16th and she called OSBI Fri. They called her back today and said hers will be mailed this Friday so she can pick it up middle of next week...

T

TheRealGman

My gf submitted Mar 16th and she called OSBI Fri. They called her back today and said hers will be mailed this Friday so she can pick it up middle of next week...

March 16 to June 29 = 105 days. Wow, I bet she had a squeaky clean background and solid fingerprints. I am sorry but this is ridiculous. It should not take 4 months to process SDA applications. This is an embarrassment for out State. But hey, we can prepare a city for the NBA finals in two days, but cannot investigate backgrounds within 90 days.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
March 16 to June 29 = 105 days. Wow, I bet she had a squeaky clean background and solid fingerprints. I am sorry but this is ridiculous. It should not take 4 months to process SDA applications. This is an embarrassment for out State. But hey, we can prepare a city for the NBA finals in two days, but cannot investigate backgrounds within 90 days.
simple explanation for that is $$$.LOL

TuAlum0982

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
shoot an email to [email protected] with your full name, dob and ss# or call 1-800-207-6724

Here is my auto generated response with the date my app was received filled in.

We received your application 4/27/2012. It takes 60-90 days
to process any application. Due to the amount of applications we are
receiving every day, it is taking that maximum timeframe for every
application. Once we completed your application, you will receive a
letter from OSBI letting you know if you were approved or denied.

Thank you!
SDA Unit
OSBI

What exactly does the (minimum) 100 dollars go towards at OSBI? I mean seriously, 3 months to check a background? You think they could hire more people if they are that busy and getting atleast 100 dollars an app, NON REFUNDABLE I might add.

soonergto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the same response a week ago. It's ridiculous.

Also the Sheriff is supposed to have 14 days to get my app in and they didn't get mine for 18. I know its nitpicky but its irritating that they don't seem to have to follow the "law" as its written.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes sir, nothing on her background check. 105 days is just ridiculous. If the demand has increased so much, then it may be time to up the prices and up the employees...

csmestorga

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my response this morning...
"We received your application on 04/25/2012 and currently we are processing about 90 days. If you have not heard from our office by August 10, 2012, then you may contact our office again via e-Mail or by phone at 1-800-207-6724."

I dropped mine off at the Ok County SO on 3/30/12, That means it took 27 days to get to the OSBI.
Day 88 total-62 at OSBI. Looks like another month wait.
Guess I might get it in time for Christmas!

Latest posts

Top Bottom