Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hfa68

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't remember reading that in the SDA.
Is this what soonergto was talking about??
TITLE 21 § 1290.12 PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION Subsect 12
If the background check set forth in subsection 11 of this section reveals no records pertaining to the applicant, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shall either issue a concealed handgun license or deny the application within sixty (60) days of the date of receipt of the applicant’s completed application and the required information from the sheriff. In all other cases, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shall either issue a concealed handgun license or deny the application within ninety (90) days of the date of the receipt of the applicant’s completed application and the required information from the sheriff.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah you have a wait on your hands. As posted they have up to 104 days . !4 days for your local sheriff's deptment to process their part and and get it to the OSBI and 90 days for OSBI to give the yea or nay. .

T

TheRealGman

Don't remember reading that in the SDA.

Read my post a few before this one. He is absolutely correct
12. If the background check set forth in subsection 11 of this section reveals no records pertaining to the applicant, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shall either issue a concealed handgun license or deny the application within sixty (60) days of the date of receipt of the applicant’s completed application and the required information from the sheriff. In all other cases, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shall either issue a concealed handgun license or deny the application within ninety (90) days of the date of the receipt of the applicant’s completed application and the required information from the sheriff. The Bureau shall approve an applicant who appears to be in full compliance with the provisions of the Oklahoma Self- Defense Act, if completion of the federal fingerprint search is the only reason for delay of the issuance of the handgun license to that applicant. Upon receipt of the federal fingerprint search information, if the Bureau receives information which precludes the person from having a concealed handgun license, the Bureau shall revoke the concealed handgun license previously issued to the applicant.

soonergto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So being that I am impatient I sent an email to OSBI about the status of my application and got this reply.

We received your application 4/23/2012, it takes between that day and 60-90 days to process an application. Due to the amount of applications we are receiving every day it is taking that maximum timeframe for most applications. Once we complete your application, you will receive mail from OSBI with an approval letter or letter explaining why your application denied.

This means that OK Co Sheriff took much longer than 14 days to get it to them. It also sorta rubs me the wrong way that they are ignoring the whole "issue within 60 days" if its clean thing.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So being that I am impatient I sent an email to OSBI about the status of my application and got this reply.

This means that OK Co Sheriff took much longer than 14 days to get it to them. It also sorta rubs me the wrong way that they are ignoring the whole "issue within 60 days" if its clean thing.
What do you guys think do they approve more or deny more?

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you guys think do they approve more or deny more?

Any time I've ever heard of someone being denied there has been a very valid reason as to why... In fact, I've been shocked to see some people approved who I didn't think would be. So as long as you are honest and don't have any felonies/issues I think they approve more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom