who are the top 1911 pistolsmiths in oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oranjooose

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to get some work done on my springer 1911 and need some advice on who to take it to. Any recommendations? Pics are also welcome!!

edit to add pics of the project 1911 and first gun i ever bought:

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ol Yeller and Dr. Barry Greyson are both well known on this site for awesome work on 1911's. Check out the photo section and you'll see some of their work in the "show your .45" thread.

you'll be more than pleased with the work of either of these guys.
Dr. Greyson would be closer for you, he's in OKC.
Olyeller is in Jones.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As everyone has stated, olyeller and Dr. Greyson. However, a little known 1911 smithconsidered one of the top 5 in the nation by many very knowledgeable shooters is Kevin Toothman. He's the smith at USSA. Be prepared to shell out serious $$$ if you want him to build a gun though.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure he is long gone now, but do any of you guys remember a gunsmith named Bud Price up in Miami? He did some nice work on my Gold Cup about 30 years ago.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure he is long gone now, but do any of you guys remember a gunsmith named Bud Price up in Miami? He did some nice work on my Gold Cup about 30 years ago.
Who had his shop in the old bank building in Commerce? Yep, he did some nice work on my GC too.

Okay, thread drift over.

The three individuals named so far all do excellent work on 1911's.

Hoss

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are some before and after pictures of a Springfield Compact that Dr. Greyson worked over and Olyeller did the cerakote finish.
Before:
ai150.photobucket.com_albums_s103_Hoss995_Springfield1911Compact.jpg
ai150.photobucket.com_albums_s103_Hoss995_Springfield1911Compact2.jpg

After:
ai150.photobucket.com_albums_s103_Hoss995_102_4469.jpg

ai150.photobucket.com_albums_s103_Hoss995_102_4474.jpg
ai150.photobucket.com_albums_s103_Hoss995_102_4655.jpg

I would recomend Dr. Greyson to anyone needing work on a 1911 and Olyeller did a great job on the cerakote.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But i'm gonna have to say Dr. Greyson is my hero.

Mine too....Great Gunsmith & an even Greater Guy.
:respect:
As everyone has stated, olyeller and Dr. Greyson. However, a little known 1911 smithconsidered one of the top 5 in the nation by many very knowledgeable shooters is Kevin Toothman. He's the smith at USSA. Be prepared to shell out serious $$$ if you want him to build a gun though.

Didn't mention Kevin because the OP is in OKC, but yeah, very highly respected. I don't have any personal experience with him, just heard and read about his greatness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom