Who else has caught the COVID ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made a believer of me and I have never liked hot/spicy food (still don't, but I still gargle with Jalapeno juice when my throat starts getting sore). You might try mild jalapeno juice if hot is too hot, but the hotter equals more pain relief (hard to believe I know).

Actually, it makes sense. Your body released endorphins to deal with the pain. Coming from a hot food addict. :D I know a guy that used to gargle bacardi 151 when he got a sore throat.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I’ve used a couple of decades, if I get a scratchy throat 7 drops via mouth, spicy but very effective IMO. I notice the “patriot nurse” said it was her go to since it’s over the counter.

Like anything else catching it early is the key.
8D602DC1-2EF3-44C0-9CAC-E114892FDE2F.jpeg

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife’s dealing with it here but been pretty mild except for a 24 hour stretch when she felt like ****. I’ve got the sniffles but nothing worth getting tested over. Just gonna hang around the house for the week.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone in my extended family. ‘Everyone’ got the latest varient. Slight fevor and what amounts to a stiff head-cold and sinus headache. Nothing to take all our liberties over. Glad I’m not in a blue state.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The Mrs and I are in isolation. She tested at the hospital that she works at and it was negative. They called her yesterday to let her know they were getting lots of false negative and suggested she retest. Came back positive yesterday. I woke up with a low fever this morning and just got my + result back.
if the symptoms stay this mild, we’ll be fine in a few days.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone in my extended family. ‘Everyone’ got the latest varient. Slight fevor and what amounts to a stiff head-cold and sinus headache. Nothing to take all our liberties over. Glad I’m not in a blue state.
Lucky you had a mild case. Not the same for everyone. Our hospital is overflowing & have dozens on vents with this latest variant. No open icu beds in the metro area.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Mrs and I are in isolation. She tested at the hospital that she works at and it was negative. They called her yesterday to let her know they were getting lots of false negative and suggested she retest. Came back positive yesterday. I woke up with a low fever this morning and just got my + result back.
if the symptoms stay this mild, we’ll be fine in a few days.

Oh man ... I hope it stays mild and you guys have a quick recovery.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lucky you had a mild case. Not the same for everyone. Our hospital is overflowing & have dozens on vents with this latest variant. No open icu beds in the metro area.
Thanks for the “glad” comment. Of course we hope everyone fares well. But its about 14 mild cases in our instance, including a 77 & 80 yr old. Most of the 14 vaccinated too. This one spread like a wildfire in a strong wind. But many ‘real’ experts saying its a blessing in disguise for how mild it is, since we’re hopefully getting additional immunities with it. Of course there will be the outlayers but the wave is cresting in a lot of places without the horror stories of the Original or Delta. Personally I’m more afraid of the censorship of those physicians promoting building immunity strategies, therapeutic treatments found efficatious by thousands of practitioners, side effects (and deaths) from vaccines, and the international good-result studies concerning existing medications; or about the damage to world economies and the growth of authoritarian powers this has justified - than I am about Covid. The story about full ICU rooms is more complex than Omicron and has a lot to do with faulty policy and driving staff out of the profession. I know that to be true as several family members work in that environment. For anyone getting sick, I hope you fare well. You can bet we’re all gonna respond differently. That’s a given. Being overweight (a big one) or having other comorbidities will play into that. Take it seriously and whatever you do, don’t trust mainstream media. They’ll have you thinking Joe Rogan went to the horse track for treatment!

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the “glad” comment. Of course we hope everyone fares well. But its about 14 mild cases in our instance, including a 77 & 80 yr old. Most of the 14 vaccinated too. This one spread like a wildfire in a strong wind. But many ‘real’ experts saying its a blessing in disguise for how mild it is, since we’re hopefully getting additional immunities with it. Of course there will be the outlayers but the wave is cresting in a lot of places without the horror stories of the Original or Delta. Personally I’m more afraid of the censorship of those physicians promoting building immunity strategies, therapeutic treatments found efficatious by thousands of practitioners, side effects (and deaths) from vaccines, and the international good-result studies concerning existing medications; or about the damage to world economies and the growth of authoritarian powers this has justified - than I am about Covid. The story about full ICU rooms is more complex than Omicron and has a lot to do with faulty policy and driving staff out of the profession. I know that to be true as several family members work in that environment. For anyone getting sick, I hope you fare well. You can bet we’re all gonna respond differently. That’s a given. Being overweight (a big one) or having other comorbidities will play into that. Take it seriously and whatever you do, don’t trust mainstream media. They’ll have you thinking Joe Rogan went to the horse track for treatment!
Not prudent to make medical decisions based on politics. We have no physical icu beds. Every one is filled with more waiting in the ER.
Stay healthy everyone, no room at the inn if you get sick

Latest posts

Top Bottom