Who here is an OathKeeper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont disagree with Oathkeepers but I really would like a source for this statement.

It's not completely correct.

In states of emergency, all entities that recieve federal funding i.e. probably every major PD, FD and Sheriff's office in the country needs to implement the Incident Command System.

The last time Tulsa had to utilize the ICS was a couple years ago during the ice storm.

What this means in terms of FEMA being in charge is that if we want to keep receiving federal money or FEMA money, we need to abide by some of their guidelines.

Typically this means filling out forms for certain types of incidents.

As a practical matter it means there has to be some form of unified command structure for all the resources utilized during the incident.

If for instance, there is a large-scale terrorist event that would be out of the realm of expertise for a local PD or FD, it is likely that FEMA or the FBI would control the scene and the local agency would provide assistance.

If it were a non-federal crime response that needed use of ICS, then the local PD would be in charge.

If it were a major chemical spill where the fire department would need PD resources, they would be in charge.

It's all really just an agreement not a law.

As far as FEMA suspending constitutional law goes, don't believe the hype.

We can all still feel free to get drunk and handle firearms during a state of emergency.

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom