Who uses a fanny pack or bag to carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busterheiney

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ding Dang It! I've had a fanny pack for decades, but have always felt a bit embarrassed to wear it, so it only comes out if I'm wearing shorts with no pockets. Consequently, pretty much all my shorts have pockets. I just ordered a new one and have committed to wearing it for a month. I really don't give a rip about what others think about me in all other aspects of my life, so this should be no different.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ding Dang It! I've had a fanny pack for decades, but have always felt a bit embarrassed to wear it, so it only comes out if I'm wearing shorts with no pockets. Consequently, pretty much all my shorts have pockets. I just ordered a new one and have committed to wearing it for a month. I really don't give a rip about what others think about me in all other aspects of my life, so this should be no different.
We don’t care that you are gay.

Ak12161

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My neighbor uses some type of pack made by 5.11 to carry a G19, 2mags, first-aid kit, phone, etc. and he just grabs it when he gets into his truck to leave and then can wear it as a type of man-purse or fanny pack when he goes into the store. He has had some store workers tell him "no backpacks" and he spun it around to the front and told them it isn't a backpack LOL.

For those that have experience and/or opinions, please share why or why not a pack is a good idea for EDC kit and if so, what pack or bag do you use? Advantages seem so far to be:

- easy to grab and go
- more comfortable carry
- avoids the need for a "truck gun"
- easy to leave behind in car for places you legally can't carry
- hold more stuff
I bought a viktus concealed carry gray man bag for when I’m on my bike. It’s got this neat little clip you undo, and pull and bam the gun pops out. Pretty convi
My neighbor uses some type of pack made by 5.11 to carry a G19, 2mags, first-aid kit, phone, etc. and he just grabs it when he gets into his truck to leave and then can wear it as a type of man-purse or fanny pack when he goes into the store. He has had some store workers tell him "no backpacks" and he spun it around to the front and told them it isn't a backpack LOL.

For those that have experience and/or opinions, please share why or why not a pack is a good idea for EDC kit and if so, what pack or bag do you use? Advantages seem so far to be:

- easy to grab and go
- more comfortable carry
- avoids the need for a "truck gun"
- easy to leave behind in car for places you legally can't carry
- hold more stuff
i use a viktus ccw 2 gray man. They’re pretty slim sling bags that fit a level 3a special threat soft armor panel. They have a quick access gun pocket that can be secured with a snap, and the bottom holds either ammo, medical, work stuff…. I use the bag when I’m on my bike. It’s nice. Might start using it as a work bag, since I like it so much.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry in a manner that works for me. I have a fanny pack and I use it. I have a belly band type holster and I use that, too. I also use a Clip Draw with a kydex trigger guard cover on occasion. I also have various traditional IWB/OWB holsters I sometimes use. It depends on where I'm going, how I'm dressed, weather, what I'm carrying, etc. It never crosses my mind to care that someone else doesn't approve of my method of carry.

I don't give a rat's ass that some of you insecure, judgmental SOBs think a fanny pack is gay. Why would any of you care how another person carries a gun?

For some of you, if it's not the gun you like, it's wrong. If it's not carried in the way you like, it's wrong. If it's not in the caliber you like, it's wrong. It's just not within the realm of possibility that maybe one method of carry you don't approve of works quite well for some others.

Latest posts

Top Bottom