Who wants a rifle class?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sweetness. Any chance you'll post an update here when the dates are locked in? That would give me a chance to put in to be off work...

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah this one kind of morphed into a class and I never did give a diffinitive post, so here goes.

Rifle class 18th and 19th of June 2011, no pistols or shotguns needed.

Cost $400.00, requiering a $200 deposite, sent to Diamond M Enterprises
4512 Canaan Creek Road
Edmond Ok. 73034

Where? at the action pistol side of Oklahoma City Gun Club 1/2 mile North of Sorgummill road on Hiawasse road.

What gear? you will need a servicable Semi-Auto rifle (full auto guns are allowed but can't be fired in the full auto mode due to range restrictions), with ANY kind of sighting system. Make sure it is zeroed so you can effectivly engage a 300 yard 10" steel target. You will need 2 spare magazines with holders. You will need eye and ear protection, a full set of elbow and knee pads. You will need a bottle of oil. You will need a minimum of 1000 rounds of rifle ammo, but if the class is small you will need a few hundred more.

I will have a big water cooler at the range, but it would be nice if you brought your own cup so as not to fill the trash barrels with plastic cups. I don't provide lunch but we take an hour break around 11-1 depending on where we are in the silibus.

Once again ANY SIGHT SYSTEM WILL DO! This class isn't sight specific, it is about general rifle skill. Use the sight system that you think you will be using for what ever you are doing. IE. competition, H.D., duty etc.

If I skipped anything feel free to post it up and I will answer as soon as I can. Thanks Kurt Miller

This is a competition class, but all these techniques are the exact same ones I teach to L.E. and Mother Green.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a great class, and I want to thank all the students for putting up with 100 degree heat. I am
sure someone from the class will post up and A.A.R., but here is a little. Over a third of the time was spent shooting at 200 and 300 yards, about 400 rounds worth. EVERYONE in the class was able to effectivly hit targets at these ranges very rapidly by the end of the class, Everyone in the class was able to hit a 12"X12" square at 100 yards off-hand in 1.5 seconds. Everyone was able to hit a 10" circle at 200 yards with their rifle turned sidways as in roll over prone. Everyone was able to hit a 12"X12" square at 300 yards from the suport side ( Weakhand shooting.) Everyone was able to do a shoot two rounds, transsison to suport side and shoot two more rounds at 20 yards in 1.5 seconds. everone was able to hit a 10" circle at 300 yards from a variety of positions and off our 45 degree roof section. Ken, our iron sight shooter was able to do all this with his 16" carbine, and he had never really shot that far before except to sight in his rifle. We had a few people who had had other "carbine courses" that had never gone past 50 yards in those classes, who had never shot at the extended ranges we used and were amazed at how fast they could get hits at 300 yards with the propper techniques. It was a great class. KurtM

Latest posts

Top Bottom