whole feed oats are going to be hard to find

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Items get labeled non-GMO even if there's not GMO varieties because uneducated folks think everything is GMO.....they even think wheat is GMO lol. Actually everything that we raise and grow is GMO in some form. None of the original varieties of everything we plant and eat is still in existence. Most folks don't know that pineapple, eggplants and Apple varieties are GMO, but they're "health foods" lol.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ironically lol. There are no such things as GMO varieties peppers, onions or sugar cane which are in this jar.

20221225_123138.jpg

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Items get labeled non-GMO even if there's not GMO varieties because uneducated folks think everything is GMO.....they even think wheat is GMO lol. Actually everything that we raise and grow is GMO in some form. None of the original varieties of everything we plant and eat is still in existence. Most folks don't know that pineapple, eggplants and Apple varieties are GMO, but they're "health foods" lol.
There are definite differences between natural (air loom) varieties of plants which evolved in nature; cultivated varieties developed through discretionary selection (high grading); and Genetically Modified Plant Organisms that are created through various processes that implant Genes from other unrelated organisms (such as unrelated plants or even mice) by microcellular surgery in which genetic material (DNA) is injected through cell walls directly into nuclei; employing genetically modified viruses which cross through cell walls delivering desired genetic material directly to DNA in cell nuclei; and now, chemically synthesizing mRNA (Messenger RNA) which crosses cell walls and cell nuclei carrying coded instructions that restructures cell DNA for the purpose of modifying gene structure and thus specific characteristics of mature plants. However, these practices do not produce perfect products without consequent problems.

To protect their own interests without regard to the effects on others, Corporations file patents on their genetic material and then claim violations of their rights when that genetic material is disseminated through natural insect and wind blown pollination to other crops whose seeds then carry their patented genes with the characteristics of the GMO Plants they created.

With outrageous arrogance and preposterous hubris, these corporations have the temerity to assert that crops which arise from seeds contaminated with their genetically modified genes are their property!this is unmitigated nonsense!; yet, their attorneys have so far been able to prosecute successfully on behalf of their unrighteousness cause. I’m sure that in years past, when there was a higher percentage of just minded men in society, politics and the judiciary, the absurd propriety claims of these corporations would not have been supported; but these days, those on whom the onus to insure that Justice prevails (most of the responsibility for this travesty falls squarely on the shoulders of citizens who make up juries) choose instead to join forces with the predatory corporations where the money lies. They’re like a pack of hyenas. However, this is not the worst atrocity these corporations are committing.

The worst and most dangerous tactic that major GMO Seed Producing Corporations is to intentionally engineer seeds for agricultural use that creat mature plant varieties whose seeds are sterile. The seeds from these mature crops cannot be collected and used to grow crops the next year; they won’t grow. This dangerous and irresponsible activity endangers the entire world’s food supply by spreading acquired sterility to other normal crop’s through natural processes of pollination. Pollens are spread locally by insects and gentle winds; but strong winds also carry them high into the atmosphere where they are disseminated around the earth. These corporate practices are virtually unregulated by government even though they present a clear a present danger to all mankind as a potential consequence of an obvious attempt to monopolize the most basic essential element of agriculture (seeds), and thus to make all plant based food production completely dependent on them and their technology.

I’m not a genetic scientist, so I’m sure that my opinions on this subject will be discredited for this reason alone. However, I have a basic education in biology and a lifetime working in healthcare during which time I tried to remain informed. I’m astounded that this process has been able to continue without regulations imposed by government and, or through negative consequences imposed by courts on corporations that have acted recklessly and irresponsibly to satiate their unrestrained greed.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are definite differences between natural (air loom) varieties of plants which evolved in nature; cultivated varieties developed through discretionary selection (high grading); and Genetically Modified Plant Organisms that are created through various processes that implant Genes from other unrelated organisms (such as unrelated plants or even mice) by microcellular surgery in which genetic material (DNA) is injected through cell walls directly into nuclei; employing genetically modified viruses which cross through cell walls delivering desired genetic material directly to DNA in cell nuclei; and now, chemically synthesizing mRNA (Messenger RNA) which crosses cell walls and cell nuclei carrying coded instructions that restructures cell DNA for the purpose of modifying gene structure and thus specific characteristics of mature plants. However, these practices do not produce perfect products without consequent problems.

To protect their own interests without regard to the effects on others, Corporations file patents on their genetic material and then claim violations of their rights when that genetic material is disseminated through natural insect and wind blown pollination to other crops whose seeds then carry their patented genes with the characteristics of the GMO Plants they created.

With outrageous arrogance and preposterous hubris, these corporations have the temerity to assert that crops which arise from seeds contaminated with their genetically modified genes are their property!this is unmitigated nonsense!; yet, their attorneys have so far been able to prosecute successfully on behalf of their unrighteousness cause. I’m sure that in years past, when there was a higher percentage of just minded men in society, politics and the judiciary, the absurd propriety claims of these corporations would not have been supported; but these days, those on whom the onus to insure that Justice prevails (most of the responsibility for this travesty falls squarely on the shoulders of citizens who make up juries) choose instead to join forces with the predatory corporations where the money lies. They’re like a pack of hyenas. However, this is not the worst atrocity these corporations are committing.

The worst and most dangerous tactic that major GMO Seed Producing Corporations is to intentionally engineer seeds for agricultural use that creat mature plant varieties whose seeds are sterile. The seeds from these mature crops cannot be collected and used to grow crops the next year; they won’t grow. This dangerous and irresponsible activity endangers the entire world’s food supply by spreading acquired sterility to other normal crop’s through natural processes of pollination. Pollens are spread locally by insects and gentle winds; but strong winds also carry them high into the atmosphere where they are disseminated around the earth. These corporate practices are virtually unregulated by government even though they present a clear a present danger to all mankind as a potential consequence of an obvious attempt to monopolize the most basic essential element of agriculture (seeds), and thus to make all plant based food production completely dependent on them and their technology.

I’m not a genetic scientist, so I’m sure that my opinions on this subject will be discredited for this reason alone. However, I have a basic education in biology and a lifetime working in healthcare during which time I tried to remain informed. I’m astounded that this process has been able to continue without regulations imposed by government and, or through negative consequences imposed by courts on corporations that have acted recklessly and irresponsibly to satiate their unrestrained greed.
Your post deserves a second thumb’s up! I agree 100%

Latest posts

Top Bottom