Why .22 rimfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get the thinking behind the yankee gubermint buying causing the shortages of say .40, .45, 9mm even 12 gauge (conspiracy theories r us). But why has the .22 rimfire dissappered? Are the super secret spys using that much? Most places I ask, they haven't even had any .22 rimfire deliveries.

Isn't gubermint ammo made in different facilities than civilian?

I could still see how that could cause shortages even if it were made in different facilities.

They use up all of the components and there is nothing left for the civilian production lines.

Yup, too much time on my hands.

All that being said, I appreciate Senator Inhofe's efforts to get the purchases rolled back to 2007 levels for every gubermint agency except the military.

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the economy collapses the 22lr will be the most useful caliber for putting meat on the table so people are stocking up.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The machines that were used for making 22's have been retooled to make the more demanded 223/556 that the gvmt wants.

not unheard of. Back when the 40 and 10mm were first developed the machines that made the 380 were retooled to make 40S&W and 10mm.
Once the 40 was chosen as the desired round the 10's almost went away and 380's came back.

but if you remember 380's went up in price after that so expect the same with the 22.

I have fabricated this reality with the help of much gossip in order to make the story more believeable but it could be true!

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The machines that were used for making 22's have been retooled to make the more demanded 223/556 that the gvmt wants.

not unheard of. Back when the 40 and 10mm were first developed the machines that made the 380 were retooled to make 40S&W and 10mm.
Once the 40 was chosen as the desired round the 10's almost went away and 380's came back.

but if you remember 380's went up in price after that so expect the same with the 22.

I have fabricated this reality with the help of much gossip in order to make the story more believeable but it could be true!

The price always goes up...:grumble:

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to go to the ghetto wallyworld last night to get some dog food.
Stopped by the empty ammo counter ...just on the heck of it .
Attendent was tellin a customer some stuff about the manager...forgetting to order ammo.....3 weeks in a row???
I said "Shenanigans on you " and went got the dogs a treat

Latest posts

Top Bottom