Why are Camaro and Mustang owners driving in this weather?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two Land Rovers that usually can get me there. For what they cost and what you get a Subaru can't be beat. We paid 21K for my wife's Forester new and it was K's lower priced than most used ones in other brands. Gets 27 mpg at interstate speeds, has one of the best crash protection ratings, one of the most dependable of any car, has one of the highest resale values. The dealer in Edmond had some on the lot that were lifted with bigger tires and rims that looked pretty sharp. If the snows gets real deep it doesn't have the ground clearance but, the Land Rovers do.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been watching News 9 and it seems like every time they go live and have road footage, you see sports cars stuck in the road.

Are the owners of these cars brainless? What makes them think they can drive through 8" ruts of snow on sport tires and RWD?

I was wondering that the other day when I was out in my Titan. I was very thankful for the 4x4 and 6" lift kit that it came with when I bought it.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think he just making fun of all the jacked up bro doziers running around here in general.

That's stupid too though . . . someone has to fulfill all of those stereotypes.

My bmw's have stayed in the garage. The 4wd Yukon has not had a single issue getting around this week.

Our 4WD Yukon got us home back in that blizzard 10 or so years ago . . . that thing was a tank.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife's last car was a FWD Buick LaCrosse. It was a nice, huge sedan that floated like a cloud on the road. 7 years it was fine driving in KC weather, then that ended about a year ago in some particularly bad weather. When it came time to replace it a few months back we looked at strictly at AWD vehicles. The Subaru Outback and Jeep Cherokee were front runners for the money. I'm glad we picked the Outback. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Cherokee, which is boring and bad for resale...and the Outback has a lot more room.

My Dodge Ram Mega Cab 4x4 (very heavy truck) had never had an issue anywhere, including bad ice storms in OKC and KC. But a couple of weeks ago it took a full city block to come to a stop. Slow speed, 4x4, and ABS on a sheet of ice in 5 degree weather you still need to engage extra brain cells when driving.

Last edited:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife's last car was a FWD Buick LaCrosse. It was a nice, huge sedan that floated like a cloud on the road. 7 years it was fine driving in KC weather, then that ended about a year ago in some particularly bad weather. When it came time to replace it a few months back we looked at strictly at AWD vehicles. The Subaru Outback and Jeep Cherokee were front runners for the money. I'm glad we picked the Outback. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Cherokee, which is boring and bad for resale...and the Outback has a lot more room.

My Dodge Ram Mega Cab 4x4 (very heavy truck) had never had an issue anywhere, including bad ice storms in OKC and KC. But a couple of weeks ago it took a full city block to come to a stop. Slow speed, 4x4, and ABS on a sheet of ice in 5 degree weather you still need to engage extra brain cells when driving.

4 wheel drive means 4 wheel go, not 4 wheel stop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom