Why are so many people so dead set against thumb safety's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh cooommmmeee on!!! That thumb thing is funny......."they do that cause they don't have thumbs"....Even a Hindu would think thats funny. (yes they have dogs over there also)

Oh and my bad, "The quintessential gasp!" Would have been much better

You have been hanging around ol yeller and the like too much....

There was an episode of Krod Mandoon where they were all turned into dogs. They saw a dog licking himself, so they decided to all go to their corner of the room for the evening, and there was to be no peeking.

Anyway, I'd rather not have a thumb safety. When I used to work construction while in school, I'd cut the crap out of myself constantly with retractable utility knives. So, I bought a fixed blade and that never happened again. Familiarity brings complacency for me.

Also, I'm great at looking like an idiot when I forget to drop the safety at competitions (among other things).

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Also, I'm great at looking like an idiot when I forget to drop the safety at competitions (among other things).

cmon, nobody thinks you're an idiot, as far as you know.

And the " gasp" comment was kinda hard to read, MB.

I think a slap fight may be the only way to settle this.
Lol!

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
cmon, nobody thinks you're an idiot, as far as you know.

And the " gasp" comment was kinda hard to read, MB.

I think a slap fight may be the only way to settle this.
Lol!

Sorry, I should edit it to say.... prove yet again that I'm an idiot.

I got the gasp comment, and I liked it.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, Okay, Okay....the real joke goes they lick them cause they can't make a fist...get it???...no thumbs???? AHHH it,s a tough crowd.

As for the Gasp comment I thought Mike was locking up and I was going to get the crash cart for him...the gasp must be because he actually agreed with me...gasp!

Jeff Freeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because like seemingly everything else involving firearms, people over analyze every specification of every gun, usually without ever using them. It is like anything else, it has its upside, and it has some downside. It is good to be proficient with different types of handguns, and to be able to fight with any of them.

Scott_In_OKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer using another finger for a safety...index finger.

Four pages and no one posted it yet?

awww.xdtalk.com_gallery_data_509_Hoot.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom