Why do all the Long Range matches......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have to be in Texas or Western Ok? And i am not talking about the known distance, 60 rounds at the same target matches (F/TR), nor amd I dissing them. They have their place. But I want to shoot matches like this one.

And before you tell me how there isn't room to shoot a match like that around here, have you driven to Bartlesville before? Half of Osage County would work for a match like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot long range, various known distances 100-1600 yards, but like you, I've got to drive a hell of a long way to do it. Gould, OK. It would be nice to have something like that in Osage county, but the land you need for F-class+some is far greater than you'd think.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I shoot long range, various known distances 100-1600 yards, but like you, I've got to drive a hell of a long way to do it. Gould, OK. It would be nice to have something like that in Osage county, but the land you need for F-class+some is far greater than you'd think.

Yeah, I get that it's probably more involved than I think, however with the shooting community we have in this area, I don't get why there isn't more interest or demand for it.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
D&T seems to have access to land for some long range shooting. At least there appears to be a lot of land in the pictures of his rifle builds.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope that either they have thousands of acres or those were funny camera angles cause most of those shots looked to have no backstop and those bullets would have traveled a long ways if they missed their target.

You ask why there nothing like that around eastern OK.? all it takes is money and lots of it.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope that either they have thousands of acres or those were funny camera angles cause most of those shots looked to have no backstop and those bullets would have traveled a long ways if they missed their target.
It's Texas--the boolits could travel for miles and still not hit anything but Texas...

I saw miles and miles of Texas...

B Gordon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot in tactical matches and have for a number of years.
You are correct that there and none in the Northeastern part of the state.
A small group of us practice at Red Castle regularly but it has a 600 yard limitation for such things.
We make our own practice props and work techniques that are useful for tactical matches.
That said, there is a private facility that is about 15 miles North of Tulsa that has steel out to about 1300 yards.
For a fee interested people can schedule the use but I would be hard pressed to think they would actually host any sort of competition.
We are travelling to New Mexico for a match this coming weekend.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I shoot in tactical matches and have for a number of years.
You are correct that there and none in the Northeastern part of the state.
A small group of us practice at Red Castle regularly but it has a 600 yard limitation for such things.
We make our own practice props and work techniques that are useful for tactical matches.
That said, there is a private facility that is about 15 miles North of Tulsa that has steel out to about 1300 yards.
For a fee interested people can schedule the use but I would be hard pressed to think they would actually host any sort of competition.
We are travelling to New Mexico for a match this coming weekend.

Sent ya a pm....

Latest posts

Top Bottom