Why do all the Long Range matches......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen long range precision matches where you have to carry your rifle and all your gear down a several mile long trail, and do shooting stations along the way... kind of like a run 'n gun, with a focus on long range precision. I would totally be down for something like that.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i have seen long range precision matches where you have to carry your rifle and all your gear down a several mile long trail, and do shooting stations along the way... Kind of like a run 'n gun, with a focus on long range precision. I would totally be down for something like that.

ditto!!!!!!

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Red Castle has 1000 yard matches from time to time. They don't let the average dude just do it because it requires shutting part of the range down because you shoot OVER the club house. They do have them, though.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Snipers Hide Cup..look it up for next year

Again, they are usually not anywhere close....

Red Castle has 1000 yard matches from time to time. They don't let the average dude just do it because it requires shutting part of the range down because you shoot OVER the club house. They do have them, though.

What are the requirements?

pistolguy

Marksman
Reaction score
why not put some matches on YOURSELF, hmm? Why does it have to be somebody else? Get with the tribes, see about leasing some of their cattle range land. Put a group of guys together who are willing to put their money where their mouth is, and you will be good to go.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
why not put some matches on YOURSELF, hmm? Why does it have to be somebody else? Get with the tribes, see about leasing some of their cattle range land. Put a group of guys together who are willing to put their money where their mouth is, and you will be good to go.

Well, part of the problem is time, part of it is money, and the other is experience....

pistolguy

Marksman
Reaction score
If you offer the place, guys with experience will show up at the matches. It's quite feasible to PAY the top few place finishers, say 18% 16%, 14%, and pay 20th place 5%, a sort of "door prize. Just guarantee a $400 purse, at $20 per entry, and you'll get 15 guys, at the least. then all you have to do is WIN, and you'll be out no money. :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom