Why reload?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my lee turret loader from another OSA'r for $200ish with a ton of extras, I picked up does for .300BLK and 9mm and have since loaded around 350-400 of the .300BLK just that right there paid for the reloader and both sets of dies. I'm loading blackout for .40/round (and with the free Hornady bullets I got those loads are .18/round). Beats the heck out of factory loads.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I got my lee turret loader from another OSA'r for $200ish with a ton of extras, I picked up does for .300BLK and 9mm and have since loaded around 350-400 of the .300BLK just that right there paid for the reloader and both sets of dies. I'm loading blackout for .40/round (and with the free Hornady bullets I got those loads are .18/round). Beats the heck out of factory loads.

This is why I suggest the Lee Turret to people starting out loading on a budget. It will turn out ammo fast enough to not drive the loader bonkers for pistol/semiauto ammo, and is cheap enough to repay quickly.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You reload for the same reson you have a kitchen in your house. Because it is lower cost and better. Then you just shop for good food prices. Buying in bulk is good too.

vicsinner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and a couple of my shooting buddies are pooling our resources since all 3 of us shoot .40 and sharing the cost on a press and supplies. We are going to be getting a Lee Pro 1000 progressive from midway in .40. Now we just have to decide on a bullet weight and work up a load that works well in a SIG, a Glock and an XD(m).

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should try several bullet weights and have loads worked out Then with just a tweak on the seater die and the powder measure you can have a little variety. The two of you with the Sig and XD might want to try some lead bullets for even lower costs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom