Why you have the wrong gun. Yes. YOU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Common carrier and caliber is a key component. An ability to reach out and get deer at a longer range is necessary. Close action to remove the possum in my henhouse is also necessary. When I am hunting it is usually less than 100 yards unless it is elk or in a really wide open area with long lines of sight and deep backdrops.

Nothing is right for everything or everyone. Sometimes it takes multiple options. I carry rat shot in my 22 revolver for the rats and poisonous snakes. Works well.
I carry a picture of my ex mother-in-law...

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old friend of mine, has shifted his thinking for SHTF “go bag”, he now has a backpack loaded up with 22 mag, a S&W 22 mag pistol, and a 22 mag rifle with a scope and sling. Main reason is - he can carry more rounds in smaller caliber, and he can kill most anything in the woods with 22 mag for food.

IDK, I just don’t see myself grabbing a backpack and running through the woods…

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old friend of mine, has shifted his thinking for SHTF “go bag”, he now has a backpack loaded up with 22 mag, a S&W 22 mag pistol, and a 22 mag rifle with a scope and sling. Main reason is - he can carry more rounds in smaller caliber, and he can kill most anything in the woods with 22 mag for food.

IDK, I just don’t see myself grabbing a backpack and running through the woods…
Me either. I would need something longer range for one option though if SHTF, but as already stated in another thread, the day when individuals are going to be trekking through the woods to survive will weed out 99%, and what's left can maybe repopulate the world with common sense people.
(SHTF scenario will never happen) but it's fun speculating.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also have a 327 Fed SP101 3". I've mostly shot 85 gr Federal soft point ammo with it. The surprising thing to me is that the muzzle flash is a lot less than I expected. 327 Fed is an underappreciated caliber.

Latest posts

Top Bottom